Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

I'll say this much: There was a lot of negativity about all Maiden releases, but it's been on the rise exponentially. What we are witnessing right now does not compare to the period before TBOS. People never counted bars or talked about shifting tracklists of an album they haven't heard yet or editing songs before. I don't know if people have gotten more neurotic during the pandemic or if it's because they have had all their, erm, 'critical thoughts' jammed up in them for six years and need to get them all out at once, or because everyone thinks their opinions matter now, but it's getting really bad. If I were Maiden and saw the meltdown, I'd just go, "Okay, you people obviously don't want the album, so you won't get it. We'll play the full Powerslave album next tour instead."
I completely get everything you're saying except about changing the tracklist. It doesn't mean I don't like Maiden and don't want to hear new music. I just want to even things out a bit and hear amazing new music from the band I love my way. No big deal there, right?

I'll say this much: There was a lot of negativity about all Maiden releases, but it's been on the rise exponentially. What we are witnessing right now does not compare to the period before TBOS. People never counted bars or talked about shifting tracklists of an album they haven't heard yet or editing songs before. I don't know if people have gotten more neurotic during the pandemic or if it's because they have had all their, erm, 'critical thoughts' jammed up in them for six years and need to get them all out at once, or because everyone thinks their opinions matter now, but it's getting really bad. If I were Maiden and saw the meltdown, I'd just go, "Okay, you people obviously don't want the album, so you won't get it. We'll play the full Powerslave album next tour instead."
I agree with your general sentiment and share your frustrations. But I would be thrilled to finally hear Flash of the Blade live.

The similarities between the first album cover and TBOS was talked about back then, but I hadn’t noticed it seen anyone else talk about the killers connection. The increase in detail going from TBOS and Senjutsu is also similar. Will we back to elaborate scenery on the next album?

Maybe we should have an album 18 rumor thread! :lol: As far as what will get played live, we can all agree the entire album is most likely out, but maybe instead of the usual 6 songs, they'll do 7 or 8. One reason being that Bruce said he would like to play all of it live. 82 minutes is probably too much though, but more than 6 songs to me is a possibility.

Most important thing is how the songs sound together. I feel that this album may have big cinematic feel with so many long songs and synths that playing it whole live may be problematic. Or they can make a show out of it similar to LotB.

Most important thing is how the songs sound together. I feel that this album may have big cinematic feel with so many long songs and synths that playing it whole live may be problematic. Or they can make a show out of it similar to LotB.
Actually, I'm also thinking we could get a stage production inspired by LOTB. Didn't a band member say they wanted something like that?

That wasn't a problem with AMOLAD though. They still have Michael on keyboards/synths too.

Stratego is IMO one of the better short tracks they've written since the Brave New World album. It almost pains me now that Senjutsu doesn't contain more than two short songs if they are as good as this. Now we just need the long tracks to be of the same standard as the long tracks on BNW too and this album is golden!

Stratego is IMO one of the better short tracks they've written since the Brave New World album. It almost pains me now that Senjutsu doesn't contain more than two short songs if they are as good as this. Now we just need the long tracks to be of the same standard as the long tracks on BNW too and this album is golden!
This. Totally. Let's hope the long tracks will kick major a$$.

Don't worry, DOFP would be totally worth it too!

Back