Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

What's the point in being on a fan forum if you can't critique your favourite band's new music? Especially when there are obvious flaws in production that wouldn't fly with other bands.
I understand where you're coming from, but if we want to be fair, what is the purpose of pointing those flaws out, especially knowing that the band gave the production the stamp of approval? Nothing's going to change.

There are parts of the vocals that are put in places where Bruce let the audience sing. For example in The Clansman, in the "no, we can't let them take anymore" and the "oooh" part afterwards you can hear Bruce sing a line, then scream in a much higher register for the audience to sing it, but he also sings it and you'll notice that it's the exact same vocal as the previous line. There's a bootleg from that concert where you can hear the differences. Fear Of The Dark has similar edits.

As for LAD, Adrian's backing vocals for Aces High are rerecorded, IIRC the guitar for one song was rerecorded because on the recording it was out of tune and Bruce's vocals for Aces High were also rerecorded afterwards. Someone who knows better can correct me, or add to that.
I assume the vocals in Rir are from the Chile show? I know some of the footage is from that, like how they ha e cameras attached to their guitars, which obviously aren't there in the other shots. That's soemthijg that on every live album.

I still haven't seen any sources for LAD being recorded in the studio

What do you mean by copy pasted vocals?

Also, is LAD really re-recorded, I've never read that anywhere but here. You see that pop up about unleashed in the east all the time, but not LAD
Just compare official version and version from broadcast for example song The Wicker Man. Some chorus parts were sang by crowd without Bruce, but on CD he sings all over.

What's the point in being on a fan forum if you can't critique your favourite band's new music? Especially when there are obvious flaws in production that wouldn't fly with other bands.
I can only speak for myself but I come on here because nobody I know in real life is a particularly big fan of them. If I was interested in complaints or criticisms I'd just take my headphones out.

That said, I am not one to talk because I've definitely posted more than my fair share of complaints/criticisms. I guess it's just about balance really.

I really don’t have any issue with criticisms myself. “Stratego” has some issues (to me) I’d have changed, particularly in the vocal production, and I don’t feel bad about pointing it out and then enjoying what I do like about the song. It just seems like people like to whinge a lot. There was whinging before the album’s announcement and there’ll be whinging after. I think it goes beyond criticism then and ends up being bitter negativity for no other reason than to spread it. And for the record, I don’t actually think that @Gk1 is one of these. As much as I disagree with him, he’s been mostly fair in his posting and I don’t think he deserves to be held up as the grand agitator of the boards.

This is your opinion, but you do not own the definition of fandom and your generalization about what people want from a discussion forum is not at all universal.

I’m interested in hearing other fans’ points of view, sharing my own, and discussing them. As long as people aren’t being irrational, I’m happy to hear any opinion, positive or negative.
I do not disagree with anything you said. Whatever I say here will always be my own views and I do not expect everyone to subscribe to my perspective on things. The definition of a being a Fan is defined as being an admirer/enthusiast of something and hence the point I was trying to make in terms of discussing the negatives is that there is a threshold (in my view) to how many times I can mention Bruce is low in the mix or that Steve's songs are long and repetitive before people/fans will start reacting to me. However, this is an individual decision at the end of the day to what that threshold is. I am sure the rest of the forum will let me or you know one way or another whether our views are appreciated or not.

Last edited:
I must admit that I listen to Stratego with serious ear infection so maybe I'm half deaf and sometimes the sound seems bad to me and sometimes not. The fact that I listen to it 30+ times proves how good this song is. I just hope the keyboards will show up on the album more - it's one of my favorite moments from the second single.

I must admit that I listen to Stratego with serious ear infection so maybe I'm half deaf and sometimes the sound seems bad to me and sometimes not. The fact that I listen to it 30+ times proves how good this song is. I just hope the keyboards will show up on the album more - it's one of my favorite moments from the second single.
Yes I love the addition of keyboards too and do hope there is more of it in the album. Also love how epic the drums sound on the first two release

Last edited:
Any chance we could have some ACTUAL album discussion? Instead of complaining, complaining about complaining, and complaining about complaining about complaining!

Were getting a new album in less than 2 weeks and all you lot are doing is bitching back and forth at each other. It's absolutely exhausting.

Any chance we could have some ACTUAL album discussion? Instead of complaining, complaining about complaining, and complaining about complaining about complaining!

Were getting a new album in less than 2 weeks and all you lot are doing is bitching back and forth at each other. It's absolutely exhausting.
I concur, your excellency.

I'm really eager to hear the whole album.

The Metal Hammer review talking about it being Maidens most emotionally compelling work has me very excited. I've definitely felt that from the first 2 singles. There's something about the melodies that's really standing out to me more than the last few albums. Bruce's excellent vocal delivery obviously helps too.

There's also the whole familiar but still fresh and new vibe I've had from the first 2 songs. I'm really eager to hear the Steve epics.

I remember also that they mentioned in reviews that some songs seems a little bit like soundtrack. That's interesting.

From all the song titles, which song to you is the most mysterious, a "dark horse"? To me it's The Parchment, the longest album song. If I am not mistaken, it will contain no chorus. I think it will have some in depth storytelling lyrics, maybe in the vein of Book of Souls song. About children being killed by king Herodot orders, or something similar. I imagine it being very complex and with many different sections.

Both songs we heard so far sound emotional for sure. I do not see why this could not be the case for the rest of the album. Espacially if we get songs that do not strain Bruce, it should be a ride.

I remember also that they mentioned in reviews that some songs seems a little bit like soundtrack. That's interesting.
Yeah that's definitely something I'm curious about. It could just be referring to that war drum type sound we had on some of the videos, but I'd love to hear more of that kind of thing throughout the album.

From all the song titles, which song to you is the most mysterious, a "dark horse"? To me it's The Parchment, the longest album song. If I am not mistaken, it will contain no chorus. I think it will have some in depth storytelling lyrics, maybe in the vein of Book of Souls song. About children being killed by king Herodot orders, or something similar. I imagine it being very complex and with many different sections.
I'm quite interested in the title track. Opening the album with those war drums and going into a heavy groove reminiscent of industrial/tool style stuff from what the reviews say. I don't think it'll be like anything we've heard from Maiden before.

Back