Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

To me this whole Bellshazzar's Feast hype was disappointing. Because the song itself is not based on Biblical story. Just another 'people are stupid, we all gonna die' type song. Many of us thought we're gonna get something special and ambitious this time, but no, there was no Bellshazzar and no Feast.
Indeed overhyping and underdelivering. I was expecting a mythical song and all we got was another midtempo politics song with an accoustic intro and boring chorus. The solo was good tho

Building of hype was inadequate. Use of Bellshazar's Feast created wrong hopes and assumptions.
This entirely boils down to how you decided to interpret whatever was forthcoming. What hopes and assumptions were created? The band created fliers and a social media campaign, they never actually promised anything. You can't be mad about not getting something you thought was maybe, possibly, going to happen.

Ya'll are expecting waaaaaaaaaaaay too much. Enjoy the ride, moaning about things you built up in your head isn't the bands fault.

This entirely boils down to how you decided to interpret whatever was forthcoming. What hopes and assumptions were created? The band created fliers and a social media campaign, they never actually promised anything. You can't be mad about not getting something you thought was maybe, possibly, going to happen.

Ya'll are expecting waaaaaaaaaaaay too much. Enjoy the ride, moaning about things you built up in your head isn't the bands fault.
Meh not so much, its not our fault entirely. All the hints pointed something like that, the art pieces, the bad ass poster. That poster screamed bone crashing riffs. They overhyped and I was underwhelmed

Indeed overhyping and underdelivering. I was expecting a mythical song and all we got was another midtempo politics song with an accoustic intro and boring chorus. The solo was good tho
Meh not so much, its not our fault entirely. All the hints pointed something like that, the art pieces, the bad ass poster. That poster screamed bone crashing riffs. They overhyped and I was underwhelmed
dd.png

We warned you not to get overhyped, but you didn't listen.

I think the song is pretty decent and the video was really cool, they clearly spent money on it. And it absolutely invoked Belshazzar's Feast, quite successfully, I thought.
The video indeed looks like it had a big badget

I'm a big Nintendo nerd, and this reminds me of all the inevitable disappointment after every new Nintendo Direct (the periodic video presentations where they reveal new games, give updates on projects, etc.) because people hype themselves into a frenzy. People expect every single new release from their favorite brand to be some totally earth-shattering, life-changing, epoch-defining thing.

A few people on the IMFC board were convinced that "Belshazzar's Feast" HAD TO BE some mega career-spanning live box set with a bunch of rare, unreleased gigs. Some of these people also thought there would be a new single and a new album to boot.

We're talking about the band that hasn't released a live DVD of what were arguably its two most visually stunning shows EVER, TBOS and LOTB, and put a countdown timer on their website just to announce an Adrian Smith side project (Primal Rock Rebellion). Why people ever thought this was going to be anything other than a new song or new album announcement is beyond me - especially when the number 17 played such a big role in the lead-up.

EDIT: Hearing new Maiden and knowing we're just a month away from another massive album is so uplifting, especially after this totally shit year and a half. Sure, I would have loved a physical single, or a behind-the-scenes documentary, or some rare live tracks- but I'm still supremely excited and genuinely baffled that anyone is THAT disappointed at a NEW FREAKING IRON MAIDEN ALBUM.

Last edited:
I'm a big Nintendo nerd, and this reminds me of all the inevitable disappointment after every new Nintendo Direct (the periodic video presentations where they reveal new games, give updates on projects, etc.) because people hype themselves into a frenzy. People expect every single new release from their favorite brand to be some totally earth-shattering, life-changing, epoch-defining thing.

Never thought of this connection, but you have a solid point. I'm sure there are strong parallels between Zelda & Maiden fandoms when it comes to expectations...

Never thought of this connection, but you have a solid point. I'm sure there are strong parallels between Zelda & Maiden fandoms when it comes to expectations...
"OMG they didn't remaster every single 3D Zelda game in HD and port them to the Switch on a single cartridge for $60? I AM SO DONE WITH NINTENDO."

Definitely the same energy. :rolleyes:

It's just that after after you expect something better, something bone crushing, trve maiden. The previous album wasn't top notch material either.
Same for nintendo more money for a decade old game is a money grab

Back