Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Ha, thx - but this time all is obvious and many people say about these weird silence around the album.

Yup, this time all is obvious, just like the last times when you were the prophet of a doom that never came.

As someone else here mentioned, it wouldn't be hard for Maiden to keep a steady flow of hype going. Small things...a few sentences here, a studio shot there, a diary entry from Kevin to keep the train rolling between reviews and interviews etc.
Well, one month is not so much time and I think the hype was enough to last until 03.09.2021. We're getting a new Maiden album, isn't just this sentence enough... I bet once the album is released a lot of interviews/video activity will follow.

Sorry Perun I'm not a prophet of doom or the naysayer, I just wanna say it all is a little weird in my opinion...

Do you realise that you've become a joke on this forum for this by now?
Joke or not but you must agree all the situation with Senjutsu promotion is weird (so far). Maybe you can tell what do you think about this instead call someone "a joke"?!

Joke or not but you must agree all the situation with Senjutsu promotion is weird (so far). Maybe you can tell what do you think about this instead call someone "a joke"?!

What should I think? They released a single with big buzz, made a public announcement and an interview, there's merch advertised everywhere, every relevant publication runs stories on it, what else do you want?

I guess interviews and reviews. Those will come as well. The reviews aren't coming in yet, obviously because they are keeping a tight ship.

And again. Who cares? We're getting an album. And Amazon's silver vinyl set seems to be "sold out", so I guess nobody is preordering it.

As usual - magazines with cover stories, interviews, reviews... Nothing very special as every band used to do. Six years ago there were a tons of this stuff.

Reactions: Gk1
What should I think? They released a single with big buzz, made a public announcement and an interview, there's merch advertised everywhere, every relevant publication runs stories on it, what else do you want?
I think PR is much more of a drip feed these days than traditional single / statement type of thing.

with online and social media people are used to more talking, more hints and comments from bands. Could you imagine one of the fellas posting a video with some of the album playing in the background and saying ‘you’re all going to love this!’
(ya me neither, but that’s how more bands do it these days)

Could you imagine one of the fellas posting a video with some of the album playing in the background and saying ‘you’re all going to love this!’
In my vivid imagination I see Nicko doing this, wearing a greasy Rock´n Roll Ribs sleeveless shirt, air drumming to "The Parchment" and a big grin on his face. "This is thee best album"

Exactly - they've started big hype with single and now, just stopped but I think all stuff starts after and a week before the release date.

Exactly - they've started big hype with single and now, just stopped but I think all stuff starts after and a week before the release date.

The hype is there. Everybody who will buy the album knows it will be released on 3rd September. The hype is happening right here - on the internet, in forums, Facebook groups, YouTube comments, etc. We're all talking about it, aren't we?

The hype is there. Everybody who will buy the album knows it will be released on 3rd September. The hype is happening right here - on the internet, in forums, Facebook groups, YouTube comments, etc. We're all talking about it, aren't we?
Of course we're and will be even month after the premiere day. But you know I'm very traditional, just can't imagine getting the brand new album without a very special interviews published in Metal Hammer and Classic Rock as usual.

For some context, folks complained prior to the release of Book of Souls that nothing was happening either. We made it through that to the new album, we'll survive this one as well.

I'd actually like to know as little as possible before my first listen - my curiosity always gets the better of me so when a new album does drop I typically know more than a handful of songs already. I'd love to sit down on the morning of September 3 and have no idea what's coming.

Back