Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Speaking of H solo releases I'd prefer Psycho Motel second album - amazing record, very underrated.
British Lion, well, vocals is annoying, but some tunes are quite good. For example, Us Against The World can be easily used on Maiden record and with Bruce on vox it's gonna be killer. Btw it's funny to watch BL videos, when vocalist sings his mellow voice with such a brutal face like he's in thrash/death metal band)

I've loved Maiden for a long, long time. Since I hired Daniel, in fact. They are beyond criticism in my eyes.
But British Lion is fucking awful, and S|K is just another example of Adrian's never ending quest to create some bullshit American radio friendly Def Leppard / Bon Jovi bollocks which he's been doing since Silver & Gold.
Let it go, H! You're 60!
I love Adrian's catchy radio rock. It's great driving music.

Agreed about British Lion. They are astonishingly bad. I couldn't make it past the third song off the new album. Piss poor production and awful vocals. Sounds like a demo from a pub band.

British Lion are very good, songs like The Burning with a few modifications could have been Maiden songs. I loved their second album.

I was really sad to hear the intro of "You don't know me" on the Smith/Kotzen album. That riff would have been great for a maiden song.

Personally, I believe too much compartmentalization of talking points result in squashed activity and spontaneity. It can get rather messy quick without it, but at least the conversation keeps going.

Personally, I believe too much compartmentalization of talking points result in squashed activity and spontaneity. It can get rather messy quick without it, but at least the conversation keeps going.
Yep. As someone else here mentioned, it wouldn't be hard for Maiden to keep a steady flow of hype going. Small things...a few sentences here, a studio shot there, a diary entry from Kevin to keep the train rolling between reviews and interviews etc. Cmon Maiden Tower don't tell me Judo Chop Eddie blew ye up too?

Yep. As someone else here mentioned, it wouldn't be hard for Maiden to keep a steady flow of hype going. Small things...a few sentences here, a studio shot there, a diary entry from Kevin to keep the train rolling between reviews and interviews etc. Cmon Maiden Tower don't tell me Judo Chop Eddie blew ye up too?
They update the social media pages daily but it's mostly "here's where you can pre-order the album" or "have you checked out TWOTW video yet?" etc. No bts videos or diary updates. I think the rest of the band are too busy fishing or on the golf course to bother.

It'd be different in a non-pandemic timeline. We'd probably have a tour coming up and presumably some TV appearances. Maybe a launch night.

But you're right, it wouldn't take much to upload some vlogs. Post some studio photos or do some interviews. We've got a month to go (exactly) so who knows what's in store over the next few weeks.

It just makes no sense to create this huge build up to the single and then the album announcement...and then nothing!!! I mean really, who cares about Bruce singing a capella?? What does this button do? Well, I don't know and I do not really care.

Anyway, I think all this wotw/feast promo campaign was amazing. Just to see the differencies - TBOS release was first announced mid-June 2015, then SOL single was released mid-August, less than month before actual album release on 4th of September.

Who really cares? The only thing that matters is that on 3rd of September we finally get new Maiden album. It's just one month away from us now)
But without media activity from the band (as never before) Senjutsu will be their commercial flop probably everywhere. If so they should call this effort Sepuku...

Anyway, I think all this wotw/feast promo campaign was amazing. Just to see the differencies - TBOS release was first announced mid-June 2015, then SOL single was released mid-August, less than month before actual album release on 4th of September.
WotW campaign was great but what about the album? No interviews, media activity.

Back