Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

I dunno, they had a long break before recording Senjutsu and still wrote most of that in the studio based on Bruce's interview.
Yea its a strange one. This whole we wrote it on the spot...give ourselves a couple of week to write etc. Then Steve is saying elsewhere he has loads of ideas. I do think that Steve, Bruce and Adrian all come with loads of rough ideas, that they then hash out with each other, in pairs etc. I think Steve is bringing a lot this time

A thought: Senjutsu will not be the last album of Maiden, because the title is in a foreign language.

Plus they write stuff all the time (leftover material, demos) and had 2 full years of break (since the creation of the album), so one can hope.
\I just hope they can quit in their own terms, not because some passed away or got sick. Like, releasing one last album AS the actual last album and taking decisions accordingly. I am not sure Senjutsu will be their last album but I agree with you so I am positive it is not intended to be.

There hasn't been a good band photo since AMOLAD. TBOS had a picture of the band taken in 2008 I think, TFF didn’t have a good one. AMOLAD had really good band photos in the booklet.

Famous case, the guitar player from the Police has no credit on Every Breath You Take despite his riff being the hook of the song.

wow well said,
It is one of the most played songs, among those that generated the most royalties ($$$) in the history of the music industry!

\I just hope they can quit in their own terms, not because some passed away or got sick. Like, releasing one last album AS the actual last album and taking decisions accordingly. I am not sure Senjutsu will be their last album but I agree with you so I am positive it is not intended to be.

I'm not even British but "British Lion" is such a powerful and mythical expression... It would be amazing if they used it as a title on a last record despite Harris's band already using it.

(It's worth remembering that Bruce already had a WickerMan and Man of Sorrows in his solo catalog... And they didn't shy away from using these names in Maiden songs lol)

edit: and Alchemist!

There hasn't been a good band photo since AMOLAD. TBOS had a picture of the band taken in 2008 I think, TFF didn’t have a good one. AMOLAD had really good band photos in the booklet.
The TBOS photo was 2008? Wow, I didn't know that. Surely there were promotional shots they could have used that were more recent.

I don't own the actual CD so I can't really say for sure but I feel like the Dance of Death booklet and band photos were probably some of the better ones the band's had in the reunion era. They had a clear theme that tied to the actual album (and mercifully didn't use the CGI abominations on the actual cover anywhere) that also persisted to some degree in the very MTV-friendly Rainmaker video and further tied to the actual stage show. Consistent elements, imagery, colors, etc. Even the "characters" look pretty alright and not cheesy.

Now, the AMOLAD photos and on are probably more honest since the band's not all dressed up for them, but that would've just looked wrong with the overall presentation of DoD. It works for albums after that since they stopped really caring about things like music videos or hit singles.

I don't own the actual CD so I can't really say for sure but I feel like the Dance of Death booklet and band photos were probably some of the better ones the band's had in the reunion era. They had a clear theme that tied to the actual album (and mercifully didn't use the CGI abominations on the actual cover anywhere) that also persisted to some degree in the very MTV-friendly Rainmaker video and further tied to the actual stage show. Consistent elements, imagery, colors, etc. Even the "characters" look pretty alright and not cheesy.

Now, the AMOLAD photos and on are probably more honest since the band's not all dressed up for them, but that would've just looked wrong with the overall presentation of DoD. It works for albums after that since they stopped really caring about things like music videos or hit singles.

The DOD photos were great. I also like the ones they used for AMOLAD.

It is a shame they stopped caring about including good pictures shortly after that. I guess the zombie is a better sell.

Imagine album that was planned. They can go to the studio without ready materials and end up with great album, so how well planned album would sound like?

It's not like they had all the time in the world in the early 80's and those albums are considered the golden Era by all fans.

Back