Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

I'm definitely intrigued at "Stratego" possibly being the next single. I think the last Gers single was "Out of the Silent Planet," so it's been a minute!

If the rumours about 'Stratego' as next single turned out to be true, I still don't think it's very likely to get the track before album release.

Having said that, TFF had two tracks released (1 and a half, to be fair) previously to the album release, so who knows...

Last edited:
It’s a little more than the Maiden box. At least for the US, $480 vs $450. Also, not that that many would care I think the special, handmade, wooden box is not cheap.

Yeah it's not that I think they are ripping us off in terms of profiteering, if you're paying craftsmen to hand produce it it isn't going to be cheap, I don't think they've gone with a massive mark up or anything like that.

The issue for me is that the content of it is not something I would want. There would have to be music unique to this box for me to buy it, and I find it bizarre that Maiden didn't at least throw a live cd or maybe a bonus making of video or something in with it.

They just want earn more money like every band. They for sure have a lot of live recordings because a lot od tours are without live album, and after they retire they will released that albums to earn extra money.

Yeah it's not that I think they are ripping us off in terms of profiteering, if you're paying craftsmen to hand produce it it isn't going to be cheap, I don't think they've gone with a massive mark up or anything like that.

The issue for me is that the content of it is not something I would want. There would have to be music unique to this box for me to buy it, and I find it bizarre that Maiden didn't at least throw a live cd or maybe a bonus making of video or something in with it.
Indeed. If this was a $450 Eddie's Archive type thing I'd be all over it. Once I know for sure what all is on the blu ray I may pass on the $125 version.

If I recall correctly, they did have bonus discs for the ‘95(?) repressings.
I think CDs had been going for about 10 years before 1995. When the 95 reissues came out the band/record company needed a selling point for people who already owned the album on CD to buy it again. When the original versions of Maiden's albums came out at on CD, at least in the UK, there were no bonus songs if my memory is right. Steve Harris has said in the past they record an album worth of songs and they all go on the album, that's why there is no hidden treasure trove of unreleased original songs. Compare that with when the Scorpions who a few years ago released special versions of their albums which contained unreleased original songs, or different versions.
Anyway, Im sure Maiden will sell out of their fan club only box edition.

I guess I'm old-school. On release date I just go into a cd shop and buy the normal thing.
I’ve pre-ordered the silver vinyl but knowing that won’t arrive on the day of release I plan to go to the local metal record store and purchase the deluxe CD book to be able to read the lyrics on the second listen through. First listen through will be with eyes closed so no interruptions between music, ears and brain.

If the rumours about 'Stratego' as next single turned out to be true, I still don't think it's very likely to get the track before album release.

At the same time, TFF had two tracks released (1 and a half, to be fair) previous to the album release, so who knows...
I am ok with that. Want to listen to the album in its entirety as much as possible. What i wouldn't mind is a sample/teaser of Stratego like we got for Speed of Light prior to release

So far i pre-ordered the T-Shirt (not the scary eddie on the cover but the one on the disc) and the super deluxe boxset. Don't think either will arrive at least 3-4 days after album release as i live in Asia. Also i must shamefully admit, if there is a leak a week before, i would probably cave and listen to it.

Last edited:
To me, the main reason to get the deluxe box set is to have something special instead of a normal CD which is worth $125. But fuck $450 for the FC version!
Thing is though it'll never depreciate in value. In ten years you could sell it for over a grand easy. I'd buy it as an investment if I had the spare change.

Just look at how much the Eddie's Archive box goes for these days.

I think anybody has said that The writing on the Wall was a single. It's announced as a new track. If it really is a single, where are the b sides, live tracks? chart positions?

Back