Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Well... That interview with our favourite Brexiteer...

He doesn't seem as enthusiastic as before the release of TBOS. Hell, he even passively criticised Hell On Earth... IDK. It's a bit strange.

Well... That interview with our favourite Brexiteer...

He doesn't seem as enthusiastic as before the release of TBOS. Hell, he even passively criticised Hell On Earth... IDK. It's a bit strange.
TBF, he survived cancer, got well again and was able to release an album and tour for it. How much more excited can you get? For all he knew, that WAS his last album and he couldn’t be sure if he’d ever sing it live.

He sounds really excited. I mean, he even talks about playing the entire album live.
Yeah... But in the same interview he says that Hell On Earth's lyrics are like from an old grumpy old man...

I really doubt they will play the whole thing live. I'm fine if they chose the best of the last 3 tracks and put that on stage.

No, he just learned about host file on Windows. I cant lock everything because of online learning during Covid. Simple as that.

You need admin credentials to edit the host file. Why kid operates account that can be elevated to admin is beyond me and offtopic :)

What we know and what I guess:
1. Senjutsu - some men will defend a wall at all costs. (Storytelling)
2. Stratego - i guess, lyrically it will be about tactics to win. (Not storytelling)
3. The Writing On The Wall - reflections about today's world but written not boring and not depressing. (Somewhere in between)
4. Lost In A Lost World - it can be story about being lost in ancient world, which I would prefer, or social criticism.
5. Days Of Future Past - I guess, in some ways it will be along the lines of Speed of Light. (More on storytelling's side)
6. The Time Machine - most certain storytelling type of a song
7. Darkest Hour - about Churchill's rise. Somewhat introspective maybe?
8. Death Of The Celts - I am sure it will be more on the storytelling's side. I have high hopes for this song.
9. The Parchment - about some mystic Parchment. Storytelling.
10. Hell On Earth - Social criticism
After all we may get more stories, than philosopical ramblings and moaning :innocent:
Just a thoughts.

Yeah... But in the same interview he says that Hell On Earth's lyrics are like from an old grumpy old man...
I don't think it refers to Harris or his text. I rather think that it is meant in general. So that the song also makes you think about what you're always complaining about. Or something like that xD

Isn't this a case of the pot calling the kettle black? :lol:

Growing old has made me more cynical about promotional interviews (I always remember Francis Rossi's quote about how he would only see his favourite artists give an interview when they had something to sell :lol: ), you know? I can't wait to read Nicko say this is the best album they've ever done! :lol:

Cynical? Of course. Hateful? Not in the slightest. It is music (from my favourite band), not something to get your knickers in a twist. ;)

I can't wait to get my copy on 3rd September so I can enjoy some new Maiden music at last.
I thought some of today's comments started to get rather nasty. E.g.
Bruce, someone being more intelligent than you does not mean that person is Alan Turing!
Enjoy continuing to personally attack members of your favourite band, then!

Most of the stuff is available on official store now, prices are no better, in fact they are worse. Silver vinyl not available. Only bundle is red and black vinyl for £90!

I ordered the boxset, the book cd and the red vinyl from EMP, cost €186 euro. And that's the best price.:facepalm::eek:

The prices are extortionate.

For £142.99 (cheaper at some tax-dodging retailers) you can get this wonderful boxset from Van der Graaf Generator!

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for that FC exclusive release to be reasonably priced.

Decided to just get the regular CD.

Saw Dead Lord live back when they release their first album Goodbye Repentance (2013). GREAT band live then. Since it's a bit outside of my usual style, I haven't kept up though except for listening to the singles from the second one.

They've made 4 albums so far, full of Thin Lizzy-vibes. It takes a little while to get used to the singer's voice, but apart from that I love the music. The guys seem to be very down to earth, making silly faces whenever they get the chance, just like Maiden. :bigsmile:

I’m sure the “grumpy old man” quip is Bruce joking around
Exactly. Bruce has never had a filter and straight up says what comes into his mind, for good, bad or otherwise. Pretty sure he said this with a smile on his face, but like texting someone, context is lost when someone is writing or transcribing/interpreting an interview/meeting. I'm sure Maiden are well used to it by now.

The prices are extortionate.

For £142.99 (cheaper at some tax-dodging retailers) you can get this wonderful boxset from Van der Graaf Generator!

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for that FC exclusive release to be reasonably priced.
At least it’s cheaper than the new Priest box set (42 cd’s, I know). Can you imagine if Maiden releases something like that one day? A monster Eddie’s Archives? I’d be all over that.

Some thoughts:

I honestly think this is the most impressive and strong-impact album cover since FOTD / TXF.
Straight to the point. TBOS was, too, but in a different way. This Eddie is friggin' perfect. I feared something "too cartoonish and videogamish" might have come along, after the videoclip came out, but I'm amazed by the quality, the high-definition of details of this album cover.
Also, it's more a dark (very dark) green, rather than a full black background.

Have you guys noticed the parallelism IM : TBOS = KILLERS : SENJUTSU?
The debut album and the 16th album have got an Eddie in the same position, staring at us and "zoomed" until the start of his chest.
The second album and the new album have got the most fierce and battle-hardened Eddies ever.

To me, Senjutsu album cover is an INSTANT CLASSIC.
I thought possible lack of background details would be an issue. This came, but the Eddie is so right-in-your-face that it's simply perfect.

Not the biggest fan of the way the title sounds to my Italian(/English as SL) ears. I think I'm getting more and more used to it, though!
But I have to say it TOTALLY makes sense. Japan, and Asian market in general, is exploding for joy.

The Logo is THEIR BEST EVER on a studio album, imho.
Iron. Red. Silver. What else? #Jizzeverywhere

Can't or want really predict what we're going to hear.
I think they'll just blow us away, also with some very odd, atypical and very modern (yet Maidenish) sounds.

Back