Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

It's based off what Bruce said over the last year. That he and Steve had been "working a little bit together in the studio" and that he's spent "three months sat on a balcony writing about military history, which may or may not turn into something".

All of those things were a good year to eighteen months after they'd wrapped recording Senjutsu.
I like your optimism. I still remember a few weeks back even the mention of an album release triggered responses like contractual obligations with promoters, hefty fines, nothing will be released until 2022 etc. There were people even discrediting the clues that established that the album was recorded in paris in 2019. Then during "Belshazzar's feast" promotion, they came back and said this could just be a live session and not a hint on a new album. Once TWOTW was released, people came back and said this is probably all we will get until the LOTB tour. I think at this point best to just ignore the pessimists.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing that mandates an interpretation of album 18 being in the works. Bruce could be writing a book or a script for a documentary or whatever, the studio activity could refer to NOTD or Senjutsu polishes. You just read into things what you want to read and don't even consider alternatives.

And then you'll hype yourselves into believing album 18 is happening and be disappointed when it won't and be angry with Maiden because you think they misled you or they're keeping something from you or whatever. It's all happened before. Why not focus on the actual new studio album that is actually going to be released in six week's time?
I understand your point of view. I don't intend to start any hype and was merely speculating. Still, it's funny to give an update looong after Senjutsu was wrapped up and state: "Well, we're doing bits of writing" (quote from interview). Of course, it could mean anything, but they feed the child in me hoping for Christmas to happen more than once a year. ::)

Let's say that we had an album with ROTAM followed by SSOSS and then TTAL. Would anyone complain? I am not sure how could Steve pull this off.
I do not have a problem with long songs. Dream theater is one of my fav bands. But Steve is not doing any EPICS anymore. Just long and full of repetition songs. I really hope that he proves me wrong but I find it hard.

You just read into things what you want to read and don't even consider alternatives.

And then you'll hype yourselves into believing album 18 is happening and be disappointed when it won't and be angry with Maiden because you think they misled you or they're keeping something from you or whatever.

Woah (that's English for stop a horse):

Slow down there brother!
Is this thread "The Facts"? Nope. So allow us to speculate away!

Also, pot and kettle on the first line.

As for the second paragraph, what, do you think we're twelve years old? Where did that come from? Angry with Maiden? Been misled?

We're just spitballing and having fun here, and it's all on topic and all traffic for the site and the ad revenue, so what's the problem here?

Not one person has said "this is what this means!!!1!one"

Anybody could be doing anything. That's why speculation is fun! Nobody here believes we're going to be misled, kept in the dark, or going to get angry.

We're just having a fun "what if" discussion. Chill out my friend ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

I think there's something in this.
#17 was finished in 2019. If they were in the studio in 2020 that could have been to work on Nights of the Dead, but if Bruce is writing new material (and I accept that that might nkt actually be the case) that can only be for IM#18.
Bruce: ''Well, we're doing bits of writing. I'm talking to Steve. We've been working together a little bit in the studio'' - it's curious because there are no Dickinson/Harris songs in Senjutsu. Anyway, everything is possible since they write stuff all the time.

So allow us to speculate away!

I'm not forbidding you, I'm just telling you that this is pointless from my perspective and from my experience.

As for the second paragraph, what, do you think we're twelve years old? Where did that come from? Angry with Maiden? Been misled?

If you really want to know, it comes from experience moderating this board. You have no idea what things were like in the lead-up to the LOTB tour. People were aggressively pushing the idea that Maiden would play Alexander the Great on that tour, got angry at people pointing out they have no reason to believe that, and then got angry at Maiden when they didn't play that song. So yeah, sometimes I do think you guys are twelve years old, honestly.

Anyway, I made my point, I'm not going to push this any further - go on speculating if you must, but don't blame anyone but yourselves if your speculations don't turn out to be true.

I'd really like a new official band photo, instead of that composite crap that's been doing the rounds.

Incidentally, my wife has just pushed her eye mask up onto her forehead where it's pushed up the front of her hair.

"Do I look like Adrian Smith?"

:p

I understand your point of view. I don't intend to start any hype and was merely speculating. Still, it's funny to give an update looong after Senjutsu was wrapped up and state: "Well, we're doing bits of writing" (quote from interview). Of course, it could mean anything, but they feed the child in me hoping for Christmas to happen more than once a year. ::)

No harm done, I'm just telling you how I feel about it and that I've seen this all before.

My favorite song titles are:

6.The Time Machine
8.Death Of The Celts

Darkest Hour is a striking title. Lost In A Lost World is SIASL Pt. 2 :p

It's not easy to keep track on who said what, but I reckon that people know themselves, and if they get angry over something they predicted themselves and their dreams didn't come true, eventually they'll have to deal with it themselves.

I might be disappointed in some choises/decisions which Maiden make/take, but I'll never get angry with them. They are adults. We are adults. I can handle it. Trust me. ::)

It's not easy to keep track on who said what, but I reckon that people know themselves, and if they get angry over something they predicted themselves and their dreams didn't come true, eventually they'll have to deal with it themselves.

I might be disappointed in some choices/decisions which Maiden make/take, but I'll never get angry with them. They are adults. We are adults. I can handle it. Trust me. ::)
As Rod would say...
6bc9bb1c-c85c-45fe-9b2b-4ead1a35449c_text.gif

No problem. I am an enthusiast for Japan as they had a pretty funky history, and especially military history and especially WW2 naval stuff. They also have an unique outlook on technology and nature combined.

I'm also increasingly enthusiast for Japan and fan of Yamamoto. Have you seen Age of Samurai :Battle for Japan documentary? Mind blowing.
Other notable stories to discover are 47 Ronin & of course Miyamoto Musashi, the Sun & Steel character.

On technology /business I find them weirdly secretive & quite conservative, they sacrifice innovation in favor of streamlining production, but I totally admire their every day approach and kindness.

If this is Maiden's last album (I hope not), then it's not surprising why there so many songs written solely by Steve - it happens for the first time since 1998. Adrian had said (about the reunion albums) that nowadays Steve prefers to not write so many songs of his own.

But the final album of Maiden wouldn't be complete without a song from Dave.

Back