Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

-Guitar parts are among the best Maiden have done in a long time ["there are plenty of beautiful guitar parts"].
^ music to my ears.
-The sound is better than that of the two singles released, despite the two reviewers having listened to it in streaming and therefore without the disc quality [they didn't go too much into detail on this subject, generically blaming the "compression" of streaming platforms]
I was expecting this - given the praise of the production in some reviews and the difference in the mix of the two singles.

Not true, not from the perspective of the time. SBIT brought back a lot of songs that were rare at the time. Aces High and Powerslave were only played on two tours before that, Ed Huntour and World Slavery. Ed Huntour was a short tour that was not witnessed by very many fans, especially in Europe. Bringing them back, though expected, was long-anticipated. Rime hadn't been played since 1987. Wasted Years was also not a setlist staple, it hadn't been played since Ed Huntour, before that it had made a fleeting appearance in the A Real Live Tour. Can I Play With Madness had been played on the DOD tour, true, but before that it had last been played in 1989. Moonchild was the ultimate deep cut. We did not expect an SSOASS-themed tour to follow SBIT, so that was thrilling. All these were highly anticipated deep cuts in 2008 and the SBIT setlist was very much what was expected for this tour, blending "greatest hits" with rare songs.

I get your point, but for me deep cut is the song like Another Life on ED or LOTF on DOD tour.

Rime is one of the most famous metal epics and WY one of the most well known songs, for me these songs are not deep cut, these songs are very popular but for some reason were not played for a log time.

Yes, Moonchild is great example of deep cut song on set. But did we knew in 2008 that at some point there will be one more history tour?

I was suprised that they are playing so much song from 7th son on SBIT, because I was expecting these songs on next tour. Or I mixed something here.

I get your point, but for me deep cut is the song like Another Life on ED or LOTF on DOD tour.

Rime is one of the most famous metal epics and WY one of the most well known songs, for me these songs are not deep cut, these songs are very popular but for some reason were not played for a log time.

Yes, Moonchild is great example of deep cut song on set. But did we knew in 2008 that at some point there will be one more history tour?

I was suprised that they are playing so much song from 7th son on SBIT, because I was expecting these songs on next tour. Or I mixed something here.
Back in 2008 there was no indication that a Maiden England tour would follow. SBIT was an enormous success and I believe that ME was decided on in response to this success. If I had to guess, I'd say we'd get something closer to the Give me Ed til I'm dead, or LOTB tour if SBIT hadn't been as succesful.

Back in 2008 there was no indication that a Maiden England tour would follow. SBIT was an enormous success and I believe that ME was decided on in response to this success. If I had to guess, I'd say we'd get something closer to the Give me Ed til I'm dead, or LOTB tour if SBIT hadn't been as succesful.
Ok, then I mixed up things.

Do we known from interviews or rumors what songs they were rehearseing?

For ED it was Prodigal Son, and for ME Infinite Dreams.

Also ond Flight 666 documentary before show in India the band was playing Wrathchild.

I heard a bit of his review. At the beginning, he pointed out that he likes Maiden, but he is not the biggest fan. He gives Senjutsu 4 out of 5 points (stars). He is definitely more into the songs from Adrian, compared to the epics from Steve, which he finds too long. It's all about taste, and he is more into the short rockers and less progressive things, but the record was surely worth the wait.
Seems like the reviewer is a Powerslave 2 kind of guy. This bodes well

Merci le mercenaire ;) La critique est positive? Je n'achète plus trop le magazine mais cela me parait plutôt moyen selon leurs critères. Quels ont été leurs coups de coeur?

Salut à toi, Gd78. :) Oui, je crois que c'était à peu près la même en gros. ;)
Please post in English as per the forum rules. Discussions in other languages exclude other members and not all mods are French speaking.

Leak or not?!? I need this album faster as we can. Doesn’t matter if it’s a leak or not. My excitement level will be the same today or friday. Come on!! My boxset is ordered and I’m gonna have my physical copie anyway. It’s 2021, it’s not the same as it was 20 years ago. Things goes faster nowadays!

Back