Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Hahaha.. the hype meter went through roof over an instagram post. This forum is going to crash when the album actually drops :p
The fact that some folk were expecting it to be something more than a magazine issue announcement and are now pissed off is quite hilarious.

Anyway I shall be purchasing my copy tomorrow. Hoping for a review and some tasty interviews.

Haha.

Was it Kerrang how called The X Factor a joke when it was released? Imagine that happening today! Wonder if Steve would show up at their office again.
He's too old for this kind of shit now. :D Or, never too old for this kind of shit.

Haha.

Was it Kerrang how called The X Factor a joke when it was released? Imagine that happening today! Wonder if Steve would show up at their office again.

Imagine how bad that 1995 review could have been without Maiden/EMI investment in ads!

Hello everyone! I've been lurking on and off for years and thought now would be the perfect time to finally join the forums.

To be quite honest, I'm not sure if we'll get Stratego before the album launch. It's only a little over two weeks, we're almost there. Though, obviously I wouldn't mind if we get a single.

As someone who absolutely loves the reunion and Blaze eras, I'm incredibly hyped for Senjutsu. From what I've read in the reviews it sounds like an album specifically written to my tastes :D

As for the production discussion: while I'd like the production to be a bit more modern, what bothers me the most about the last few albums is that errors are blatantly left in. Off the top of my head there's a random unmuted note in DLTTEOAS, one guitar in the middle of WTWWB has the wrong timing and plays a bit too early, the obvious dead note that got copy/pasted in SOL, the drumming on the first chorus of IESF, editing mistakes on the vocal tracks of MOM. I'm not a fan of live recording in the studio, but I can mostly live with it. Mistakes like that are unacceptable on a studio album of a band of Maiden's size. I just hope the performances on Senjutsu are a bit cleaner.

Back