Say Something Nice About Another Country

[!--quoteo(post=134620:date=Apr 12 2006, 04:28 PM:name=Silky)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Silky @ Apr 12 2006, 04:28 PM) [snapback]134620[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Sweden-Gothenburg metal[/quote]

That's a good thing? :: Slaughter Of The Soul has been a terrible influence on metal. Swedish metal has never been the same. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":(\" border=\"0\" alt=\"sad.gif\" /] Thanks a lot, At The Gates. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dry.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"<_<\" border=\"0\" alt=\"dry.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=134645:date=Apr 12 2006, 07:44 PM:name=Black Dragon)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Black Dragon @ Apr 12 2006, 07:44 PM) [snapback]134645[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
That's a good thing? :: Slaughter Of The Soul has been a terrible influence on metal. Swedish metal has never been the same. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":(\" border=\"0\" alt=\"sad.gif\" /] Thanks a lot, At The Gates. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dry.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"<_<\" border=\"0\" alt=\"dry.gif\" /]
[/quote]

I'm thinking of Dark Tranquillity, mainly. Slaughter of the Soul was too much of a one-song album, with the same recycled riffs time after time. Now, DT....

But back on topic....
England: Maiden, Priest, <insert n+1 good British rock/metal artists here>

SWITZERLAND! - i don't know why i just like it.
monaco - no taxes!

[!--quoteo(post=134738:date=Apr 13 2006, 04:17 PM:name=Silky)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Silky @ Apr 13 2006, 04:17 PM) [snapback]134738[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I'm thinking of Dark Tranquillity, mainly. Slaughter of the Soul was too much of a one-song album, with the same recycled riffs time after time. Now, DT....

But back on topic....
England: Maiden, Priest, <insert n+1 good British rock/metal artists here>
[/quote]

One good band doesn't make up for hordes upon hordes of cookie cutter clones. SOTS was a pathetic attempt to cash in. It's basically commercial rock dressed up in melodic death metal's aesthetic.

[!--quoteo(post=134989:date=Apr 16 2006, 08:33 PM:name=Black Dragon)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Black Dragon @ Apr 16 2006, 08:33 PM) [snapback]134989[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
One good band doesn't make up for hordes upon hordes of cookie cutter clones. SOTS was a pathetic attempt to cash in. It's basically commercial rock dressed up in melodic death metal's aesthetic.
[/quote]

I can see your point. The only other gothenburg band i would listen to to any extent is In Flames. I feel the same way about the American metal culture, only (as with most Europe->America transitions) it's scaled up. The double handful or so of American bands I do like doesn't make up for the countless billions of horrid Trivium-clones springing up from the woodwork. I swear, every time a butterfly flaps it wings, a metalcore band is formed [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /].

On the other hand, from the US we have...
Megadeth, Metallica, Iced Earth, Kamelot, Anthrax, Slayer, Edguy, Dream Theater, Queensryche, Pantera (R.I.P. Dimebag) etc. etc.
and from across the border: Rush! So, maybe American metal isn't that bad after all? Yeah, right-thanks a lot, Slipknot, Linkin Park etc.-you officially spawned the antithesis of metal and have polluted the genre for years to come (but fear not-all metalcore bands will quickly die off from inherent inbred genetic disorders, if BD doesn't kill them all on a mad untr00-ones slaying quest beforehand [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /])

[!--quoteo(post=134992:date=Apr 16 2006, 09:21 PM:name=Silky)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Silky @ Apr 16 2006, 09:21 PM) [snapback]134992[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
and from across the border: Rush!
[/quote]

Hey Canada has more to offer than Rush. They have spawned some of the craziest, ultra technical death metal bands around. I'm talking about Cryptopsy, Martyr, Gorguts and Kataklysm. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=134994:date=Apr 16 2006, 09:32 PM:name=Black Dragon)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Black Dragon @ Apr 16 2006, 09:32 PM) [snapback]134994[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Hey Canada has more to offer than Rush. [/quote]
Annihilator! ::

[!--quoteo(post=134994:date=Apr 16 2006, 09:32 PM:name=Black Dragon)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Black Dragon @ Apr 16 2006, 09:32 PM) [snapback]134994[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Hey Canada has more to offer than Rush.
[/quote]
Bryan Adams, Avril Lavigne, Maple Syrup.

[!--quoteo(post=134992:date=Apr 16 2006, 08:21 PM:name=Silky)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Silky @ Apr 16 2006, 08:21 PM) [snapback]134992[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I can see your point. The only other gothenburg band i would listen to to any extent is In Flames. I feel the same way about the American metal culture, only (as with most Europe->America transitions) it's scaled up. The double handful or so of American bands I do like doesn't make up for the countless billions of horrid Trivium-clones springing up from the woodwork. I swear, every time a butterfly flaps it wings, a metalcore band is formed [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /].

On the other hand, from the US we have...
Edguy,

[/quote]
Edguy are German....

Norway - Its Norway, and thats where my family originates from.

[!--quoteo(post=135068:date=Apr 17 2006, 11:19 PM:name=Onhell)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ Apr 17 2006, 11:19 PM) [snapback]135068[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Edguy are German....
[/quote]

Stroked me....
I thought they were American. Maybe it was the cover of 'Lavatory Love Machine'-just sounded like something an American band would create, to completely take the piss...

[!--quoteo(post=135923:date=Apr 30 2006, 12:27 PM:name=Silky)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Silky @ Apr 30 2006, 12:27 PM) [snapback]135923[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Stroked me....
[/quote]
And was it good? [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

I discovered this wonderfull topic today !! Really nice one !!

Espana : the Andalousian olive trees, the wonderfull dessertic landscapes, the town of Cadiz "the most beautifull city in the World", and the river Guadalquivir... Garcia Lorca, and the castle of Alabra.

[*]The toll-free highways
VroumVroum14.gif

-----> you have to know  :smartarse:

[*]The Spanish are the best party people I've ever seen!!
All they need : one guitare, beer, and a beach ....and usually they do have 'em easily !!

Banane08.gif
Musique41.gif

Flamengo's everywhere, in every corner, in the first occasion
[*]The women... not the more beautifull or well dressed of the planet  :D but they are the more natural women I've ever seen -and also : charming and worm women

[*]and of course the huge black bulls in the top of the hills every 20 kilometres ...at least !!

I had a good laugh when my lady noticed that a typical dialogue
betwenn a Spanish parent who drives the car and his kid could be
-"eh daddy when we arrive ?"
-"100 bulls, kid"

4259-The-Osbourne-Bulls-0.jpg

This was a good thread. Hmm.... This is a metal site so Finland/Sweden: Hot bed for metal acts, Love that about them... Good Hockey too... :D

England - Real Ale/bitter :okok:
Sweden - the women.
Scotland - Single Malt

That's about all I need to feel good :D

Germany : good and cheap beer, and the student fraternities. Quite amazing to see a cold room in the house !  We've also been invitated to an enthronement, funny stuff.

Canada - Quebec : Their accent, impossible to properly understand what they say in less than 2 months. And their expressions made me laugh because they're very different of ours.

Good point, porcnoz. Canadians have nice accents  :D I like any accent that's different from my own. Especially English accents  :D

Never been to England. Wanna go there someday.
I want to see a lot of places. Wish it wasn't so damn expensive  -_-

Back