Saxon

Ouch!

SAXON's Nigel Glockler had to have his nose reattached Friday night after he was attacked by a dog.
nigelglockleroct2018doginjury_638.jpg

I was at the pub last night, petting a dog when it decided it did not like my face and took off half my nose. I've had over 100 stitches inside and out of the nose and it's been reattached.

Gina says between this and the scar on my scalp I should change my name to FrankenNigel.

The good news is no problems for the upcoming shows - see you soon!

Alternative cover for Saxon's Forever Free '92 album.

Attachments

• r-4257409-1485443802-1425-jpeg1.jpg
    r-4257409-1485443802-1425-jpeg1.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Saxon will embark a 40th anniversary tour in 2019 ! ''Largest, Loudest, Brightest and Most Explosive Show Ever'' !!!

For some reason I've always missed Saxon when they've been on tour, even though I've been a fairly big fan. So hopefully I'll catch them this time around if they come close enough!

Last edited:
For some reason I've always missed Saxon when they've been on tour, even though I've been a fairly big fan. So hopefully I'll catch them this time around if they come close enough!

I saw them on the Innocence tour and also the Destiny tour in the 80s, but I really need to see them again. One of my favourite bands ;)

Saw Saxon last night on what Biff claimed on stage was the 40th anniversary tour just south of Houston TX. He said a couple of the songs had never been played in USA before. This was my 3rd time seeing them live but my 1st to finally see a headlining set. They sounded great! I know Doug plays the flashier fast solos on the better known songs, but watching Paul play his solos on
The Eagle Has Landed and Crusader was jaw dropping! Since the club was only a couple of miles from N.A.S.A., they HAD to play Eagle! Really loved Dallas 1 PM as the night prior I introduced my son to the film JFK director's cut.

At the merch table in addition to the new shirts, they had 1 from previous Battering Ram tour (which I saw in the same club 2 years earlier) for only $20! Also were selling autographed setlist for the show I was about to see for $5! Of course I bought both. And no, they did not stick to the setlist. They change it a bit every night. For 1 song Biff lets the audience choose a song.
He gave us a few choices and Heavy Metal Thunder won in place of Got To Rock. Also, even though Broken Heroes was listed, that was when they played Eagle. The song Biff said had never been played in USA was Hungry Years.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/saxon/2019/scout-bar-houston-tx-539563c5.html

Saw Saxon last night on what Biff claimed on stage was the 40th anniversary tour just south of Houston TX. He said a couple of the songs had never been played in USA before. This was my 3rd time seeing them live but my 1st to finally see a headlining set. They sounded great! I know Doug plays the flashier fast solos on the better known songs, but watching Paul play his solos on
The Eagle Has Landed and Crusader was jaw dropping! Since the club was only a couple of miles from N.A.S.A., they HAD to play Eagle! Really loved Dallas 1 PM as the night prior I introduced my son to the film JFK director's cut.

At the merch table in addition to the new shirts, they had 1 from previous Battering Ram tour (which I saw in the same club 2 years earlier) for only $20! Also were selling autographed setlist for the show I was about to see for $5! Of course I bought both. And no, they did not stick to the setlist. They change it a bit every night. For 1 song Biff lets the audience choose a song.
He gave us a few choices and Heavy Metal Thunder won in place of Got To Rock. Also, even though Broken Heroes was listed, that was when they played Eagle. The song Biff said had never been played in USA was Hungry Years.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/saxon/2019/scout-bar-houston-tx-539563c5.html
Surprised to see only a couple of songs from the latest album, considering how well it was received, but it looks like a fantastic set. Glad you had a good time :)

I also was surprised at how little was played off Thunderbolt but then again, Thunderbolt was the previous tour. This one is the 40th anniversary tour

I also was surprised at how little was played off Thunderbolt but then again, Thunderbolt was the previous tour. This one is the 40th anniversary tour
Ah, I didn't realise. I thought it was still the Thunderbolt tour. Then the set is pretty damn perfect for a greatest hits show. ;)

Saxon are confirmed for Wacken Open Air 2019!

This show (along with few others) will be part of their 40th Anniversary tour dubbed Castles & Eagles Tour.

In other news: If someone has missed, Biff had said (last year) that they will record a new album this year.

No, I was being sarcastic. They're playing there every other year. Plus, I haven't been to Wacken since 2010.

No, I was being sarcastic. They're playing there every other year. Plus, I haven't been to Wacken since 2010.

I guessed. ;):p

Edit: I just wanted to note that the Wacken show will be part of their tour (Castles & Eagles), not that it is a big deal that Saxon will play there - as you said, they play there almost every year.

Last edited:
Back