Satellite 15.. The Final Frontier

How good is Satellite 15.. The Final Frontier on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters

Babo 91

Nomad
Video comes out in just 4 days. I think it's maidens longest single to date.

I can't make out what the guy is saying on the teaser trailer but that guitar riff sounds awesome and eddie looks great.

Re: Satellite 15....The Final Frontier

That's awesome.  It's looks like a feature film trailer.  They must have had a pretty big budget on this one. 

The crazy thing is, Maiden never seemed to lack for funds before, so it's surprising to see them finally releasing a video that really shows what a creative force they are.  As of now, my favorite band in regards to video work is Rammstein.

Like I mentioned in another topic, his name is Gudmundur Thorvaldsson.

360947.jpg

Weird, can anybody pick out wat he's saying?

It sounds like "Control, this is Cleaner Six. I had something to (put to bed?) back there."

Yeah, that's exactly what he's saying.

No sarcasm.

"Control" - mission control
"this is Cleaner Six" - his call sign
"I had something to put to bed back there" - he had to kill something. Probably Eddie.

It's weird because he makes it sound like he's telling control what his task was, rather than telling them he completed it (assuming they knew what his task was). Maybe it'll make more sense in context tomorrow.

If he had worded it, "I had to put something to bed back there.", then it would make more sense, I think.

Yeah, but the actor is Icelandic, too, and that sounds like how a Nordic would place the words...

Suicidehummer said:
It's weird because he makes it sound like he's telling control what his task was, rather than telling them he completed it (assuming they knew what his task was). Maybe it'll make more sense in context tomorrow.

If he had worded it, "I had to put something to bed back there.", then it would make more sense, I think.

It makes sense, why not? Maybe he was due to return to base earlier, but he ran into Eddie, had to deal with him and was late. Then he called the base and explained why he was late.

Yes, and it's also evident that his latteral injectors were out of phase, so he compensated with power from main deflector array.

Likely by rerouting the control matrix through Geordi's VISOR.

LooseCannon said:
Likely by rerouting the control matrix through Geordi's VISOR.

Normally, such a reply would only earn you one Nerd Point.

But knowing that VISOR is an acronym makes that worth Ten Nerd Points.

Visually Instrument and Sensory Organ Replacement.

After MANY listens, I give the song 4/5 stars. Mainly because of Bruce's amazing singing throughout and the guitar solos.

Back