Satellite 15 mix defect

First time I listened to this song I got that there's something wrong in the drums track , But first I thought there's a problem with my player or my computer!
But I think this little defect on the drum track, defects on the whole track for me and in my opinion (even if it is a deliberate effort by Smith to produce such an effect)

bornless1 said:
   Wow.  I'm sorry, but after listening to the CD, my  IPOD version and several you tube offerings of the song, I have no idea what the hell you are talking about brah.  If anything,  you are listening too hard, and may or may not be another troll, sorry if you're not no offense.
   And this bull$hi* about it being "Pink paint on the Mona Lisa"? No hater. more like "A speck of dust in cosmic sand!!!"  UP THE IRONS!!

This.

There's even a few guitar glitches on a couple of the songs but you know what, who gives a flying fuck! The record is great, move on!

I haven't noticed anything, 2 pages of this topic haven't made me want to look it up and to be honest I skip that intro most of the times.Even if the error is there I can't see what's so annoying about it.

Personally I like, when there are mistakes in recording. It feels like it was made by real band, in real studio.

Ok drummers...Nicko claims he made two mistakes in WTWWB. Can you find them? Can you also sense that as he laughed when remarking about the errors it proves the band, as many people in life, realise they are going to make mistakes.

I'm a guitarist and drum tracks alot and I don't mind Sat 15 at all...in fact, I love it as with the rest of the album and cannot wait to see the boys open with Sat 15 in Sydney in Feb too!!

I think we are getting a little bit demanding, are'nt we. Saying that the defect with the snare ruins an entire track? I don't think the problem is with the track, but of people being overly critical of the mistake.

I'm in the camp that thinks this was done on purpose, I mean come on people you really think that you have noticed something on the album that the whole band and recording studio didn't know was there? That's laughable. As for ruining the entire track that is just grasping at something to be mad about lighten up a little.

They have made a few albums in there time and have been playing for 30 years I think they know what there doing lets give them some credit.

I really, really don't get why people cling to a little error like this and say things like, "It's embarassing". I don't see Steve and Bruce and H with big red blotches on their cheek, and you bet it'll still be there when they blare S15 from loudspeakers across the world. Maybe it makes you cringe, but oh boy, talk about nitpicking.

LooseCannon said:
I really, really don't get why people cling to a little error like this and say things like, "It's embarassing". I don't see Steve and Bruce and H with big red blotches on their cheek, and you bet it'll still be there when they blare S15 from loudspeakers across the world. Maybe it makes you cringe, but oh boy, talk about nitpicking.

Agreed

LooseCannon said:

LC, I think I originally used that word... not the effect I intended.  I'm certain no one in the group is concerned about it in the slightest.

Amusing (and strange at the same time) to see that so many people rise against the smallest ounce of criticism.

*...and as soon as the topic was opened, hordes of forum members protested against this insult and gathered around their sacred guitarist, while shouting at a small minority: "I don't mind this mistake, I like this mistake, There is no mistake, I don't hear it, I don't want to hear it, It is not mistake, I deny it, Who cares?"*

Forostar said:
Amusing (and strange at the same time) to see that so many people rise against the smallest ounce of criticism.

*...and as soon as the topic was opened, hordes of forum members protested against this insult and gathered around their sacred guitarist, while shouting at a small minority: "I don't mind this mistake, I like this mistake, There is no mistake, I don't hear it, I don't want to hear it, It is not mistake, I deny it, Who cares?"*
People are criticising the solos, the mix, the lyrics, the melody, the chord progressions, the overall sound, etc. Nothing wrong with it. Nobody is shouting at small minority here. Nobody will hurt you because you don't like the chorus. Nobody is banning you because you care about slight mistake. We are just putting our opinions about the concern here. What's wrong with that? Isn't this the sole purpose of this thread?

I didn't want to do it first, but since you tempted me, here goes:

The solo purpose of the thread is not to slag off opinions of others, only because you can't stand the criticism on the song. I have been reading this topic again and now I understand why you reacted first. Perhaps you haven't deserved the prize for the nicest reactions. Shall I enlighten you a bit, with some posts, to show what I mean?

Dead Boss said:
Don't want to sound like bitch, but I don't think anybody but you cares about it. Really, it's something only few people notice.

LooseCannon said:
I'm quite sure 'Arry doesn't give a flying fuck about it. The song was recorded by one guy on a drum machine. If it can get listened to by the likes of Steve, Adrian, and Caveman and they decide it's okay, it's not embarrassing or overlooked. It's intentional.

snake plissken said:
Maybe it's time we filed this under, "who gives a shit?"

Dead Boss said:
Was this necessary? I mean, you don't like it. Fine. Write Steve, Rod or Kevin or somebody and get on with it. Why insult fans who don't give a shit, or even don't hear it? Do you feel superior to those less perfectionist than you?

bornless1 said:
  Wow.  I'm sorry, but after listening to the CD, my  IPOD version and several you tube offerings of the song, I have no idea what the hell you are talking about brah.  If anything,  you are listening too hard, and may or may not be another troll, sorry if you're not no offense.
  And this bull$hi* about it being "Pink paint on the Mona Lisa"? No hater. more like "A speck of dust in cosmic sand!!!"  UP THE IRONS!!

njgorrell said:
if it's a mistake or not.... who the hell cares? Arry thought it was fine...

snake plissken said:
There's even a few guitar glitches on a couple of the songs but you know what, who gives a flying fuck! The record is great, move on!

Nigel Tufnel said:
I think we are getting a little bit demanding, are'nt we. Saying that the defect with the snare ruins an entire track? I don't think the problem is with the track, but of people being overly critical of the mistake.

LooseCannon said:

Ancient_Mariner said:

There's not per se something "wrong" with these posts, but there's nothing wrong with noting this pattern either. No offense to all the people I quoted, just wanted to show this hopefully not too delicate matter.

Forostar said:
The solo purpose of the thread is not to slag off opinions of others
I'm totally sorry if my response was aggressive or insulting, it certainly wasn't it's purpose.

Forostar said:
only because you can't stand the criticism on the song.
This is totally wrong and bit paranoid.  ;)
If it were true, Best/Worst forum would be one big flamewar arena. Members here are reasonably immune to other opinions to give a shit about them.

Wow... Such anger towards those this bothers... How can anyone call this nitpicking?  Something that ANYONE who plays drums would recognize IMMEDIATELY and cringe about, or even think their album is defective... That is not nitpicking people.  It is an error that, intentional or not, left as a demo or not, matters or not, is a huge and glaring error. 

Like things in your home, if you make a mistake on something... although others may not see a mistake in the paint job or woodworking, YOU will always see it and it will always bother you.  You can't overlook it. This is why it ruins the song for us.  You can't unring that bell.  The album is probably my top 2 or 3, but it is a shame to me what they did.  Redo the demo...

And over a PA, this mistake will be blared... And some will cringe.  That's sad to me.  I don't ever wanna cringe in concert.

Are you telling me, that there are no errors at concerts when they play live?  :huh:
I certainly recall Nicko missed intro of Sign of a cross at Rock in Rio.

Forostar said:

Jhanks for noticing. Only thing left for them to do is call me a witch and lynch me. heheh...

Just to put my closing comments on this: mistakes happen. But the point of recording in a studio is to catch the mistakes and put out a clean record. To me the fact that this escaped scrutiny is disappointing. I mean imagine if during the intro to Fear of the Dark you could hear Bruce drop a wet fart: would you just try to forget it and pretend it's not there?

What else could I do I don't know.  :S
I listen to Fear of the Dark every other day. I wouldn't give up such an amazing song for a fart, that's for sure.

Wait.

Where was the microphone again?  :lol:  :lol: :lol:

Back