Sanctuary

How good is Sanctuary on a scale of 1-10

• Total voters
Re: Daily Song: Sanctuary

Fun on record, more fun live, but not in the same class as half of this album, let alone what comes later. Six

Alright. Well, I never ask such questions to annoy people. I'm not a walking Maiden encyclopedia, but I'd hardly forget such stories.

If you ever have some source for this story I'd appreciate it. To be continued.
:D

It is a good tune, something fun to listen to in the background, but it isn't one of those 'great songs' (8+ scoring) that make you stop and really listen to it.  Fun for sure, but kinda like chocolate mousse, great taste, but not a ton of substance.  

I'd like to do 6,5, because I wouldn't give it a 7. I find it not that special (quite monotone) thus it'll be a 6.

It's a good song, but nothing out of the ordinary. I imagine it rips live, but I've never heard it at a gig so far. Prowler was better.

7/10.

My least favorite Maiden song.  Excruciatingly simple, without being catchy like other simple songs like Running Free or Iron Maiden.  They need to stop playing it.  1, and I'm not kidding.

7. This one works better live and the instrumental section is one of my faves from Maiden, including solos. The lyrics are quite strange, but they are unique and quite funny.

Because of the joy I experienced hearing this song live, I'd give it a 7.  Otherwise it'd be bit less.  Great guitars and bass, but the lyrics are mediocre.  Production could have been better by increasing the heaviness.  I also don't like the fade out of the music in the song.  It ruins the experience and the build-up.

Also a 6/10. The song's a worthy addition to the remastered album but it doesn't really set my world alight. Decent enough, nice riff, sounds great on RiR. But like others have said it is outclassed by Prowler.

Never liked it that much. I would prefer it outside this astonishing album, as it was before 1998 re-issue. Anyway, 6/10

9 out of 10... What an ass kicking song, but only when Paul did it... Bruce's versions actually make me cringe. I think it captures the essence of Dianno...

Well, i can't rate this one since my original cd doesn't have it.  :)

Need to insert a second cd to hear it.  :lol:

I really like the line "I've never killed a woman before but I know how it feels", because it's so funny.  7\10

7/10 I'm OK with this track, but not enthralled by it. Good rocker and excellent live.

Never liked this song. It's the least good (I can't say worst) song on the album, and is overplayed live. I was really dissapointed when they chose to finish the set with this song when I saw them live, I expected Running Free. 5/10.

Back