Sabaton

I'd like to know more about that.
_46755419_handball466.jpg

Put us out in a play off for the 2010 World Cup. That night in Paris is still the best I've ever seen Ireland play. The world called for a replay, FIFA said "here, Ireland, heres $5mil, go away." Which they did.

@Niall Kielt how would you feel about a concept album based on the history of Ireland? The tracklisting would be something like:

St. Patrick
The Taming of the Snakes
The Conquest
Cromwell
The Siege of Derry (No Surrender)
Battle of the Boyne
Easter Rising
Kilmainham
Bloody Sunday
Good Friday
The Handball
Arlene
The Irish Border Solution under Brexit

The final song would be a 20 minute, complex Prog epic that literally nobody would understand.
I forgot to include a song about the Potato Famine. :facepalm:

You can speculate all you want, but if you ask me, Sabaton could never be more dramatic about Irish history than Irish bands. They wish they could get anywhere near The Coffin Ships by Primordial.

There's also a band from Brazil called Tuatha de Danánn, but that's not so much my point.

You can speculate all you want, but if you ask me, Sabaton could never be more dramatic about Irish history than Irish bands. They wish they could get anywhere near The Coffin Ships by Primordial.
Never really listened to Primordial, just put on The Coffin Ships there. Must investigate further.

Mago de Oz did a covers album called Belfast with Celtic artwork but I'm not entirely sure the whole thing is Irish themed. 'Belfast' is a Boney M cover :blink:

I'd like to see an entire album dedicated to flying aces of the First World War. That way we can finally answer the question of who makes the best Red Baron song. Spoiler alert: it's not Iced Earth.

Back