Sabaton

You obviously know nothing about the band or either festival then. Ridiculous statement.

No I'm just saying compared to the other typical headliners we see at Bloodstock they seem out of place, more specifically they would seem more at home at Download festival. I felt the same about Nightwish this year or Ghost last year, the atmosphere that the festival creates makes a band as such seem a little out of place compared to what else is on the bill

It might irritate the more old school Bloodstock crowd, who want a tr00 metal festival, but Download seems to like very commercial and tame mainstream rock better.

FFS. Neighbour is loudly singing like Drake again. :mad:
What does Drake sing like? :confused:

No I'm just saying compared to the other typical headliners we see at Bloodstock they seem out of place, more specifically they would seem more at home at Download festival. I felt the same about Nightwish this year or Ghost last year, the atmosphere that the festival creates makes a band as such seem a little out of place compared to what else is on the bill
Bloodstock always used to have bands like Hammerfall, Nightwish, Within Temptation, Helloween, Gamma Ray etc. headlining, so Sabaton fit perfectly.

Yeah, I know, but it still seems extremely expensive to me. Different standards, I guess.
For comparison, a Download day ticket is about €90 and an Early Bird 3 day camping ticket is €190. It makes Bloodstock look cheap.

Download's capacity is 100,000. Isn't everything cheap in Eastern Europe though? Plus I think taxes on these events are higher in the UK than in Europe.

All of those are true, of course. It just means I'd never go to any of those festivals. Like I said, the issue is the different standard of living.

Hi Joakim, let's do this:

In June 1667 the Dutch navy executed the most daring raid in its maritime history. Legendary admiral Michiel de Ruyter led his fleet up the Medway and destroyed the English fleet. It took the flagship HMS Royal Charles as trophy back to the Republic. Its stern piece is still to be admired in the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam, but will be temporarily on loan to the National Maritime Museum. It's for the first time in 350 years the richly decorated stern piece is back on English soil. Naval historian professor Andrew Lambert of King's College London explains the significance of the Battle of the Medway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raid_on_the_Medway

1280px-The_Dutch_burn_English_ships_during_the_expedition_to_Chatham_%28Raid_on_Medway%2C_1667%29%28Jan_van_Leyden%2C_1669%29.jpg

1280px-MedwayRaidMap.png

1280px-Jeronymus_van_Diest_%28II%29_-_Het_opbrengen_van_het_Engelse_admiraalschip_de_%27Royal_Charles%27.jpg

Or why not a 15 minute epic whole album about the whole Second Anglo-Dutch War:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Anglo-Dutch_War
1280px-Anglo-Dutch-War-2english.png

Storck%2C_Four_Days_Battle.jpg

1280px-The_IJ_at_Amsterdam_with_the_former_flagship_%27Gouden_Leeuw%27_%28Willem_van_de_Velde_II%29.jpg

800px-Bol%2C_Michiel_de_Ruyter.jpg

Last edited:
I'd like to see an entire album dedicated to flying aces of the First World War. That way we can finally answer the question of who makes the best Red Baron song. Spoiler alert: it's not Iced Earth.

Back