Sabaton

LooseCannon

Yorktown-class aircraft carrier
Staff member
I think the guitar sound on Bismarck and Fields off Verdun is greatly improved, but that matches up with my opinion of them live too since adding Tommy. Quite frankly, he's a better guitarist than Thobbe. I am of the opinion that a lot of the blandness of the past two albums was caused by 1) the newness of most of the band giving more power to the simpler concepts that I think are favoured by Pår, and 2) those musicians being not as talented (specifically the guitars).

Bismarck is very audibly laden with callbacks to CoA/AoW era Sabaton, and that's a very positive thing. The album release will tell us if there's more interesting things happening.

MrKnickerbocker

clap hands
I think the guitar sound on Bismarck and Fields off Verdun is greatly improved, but that matches up with my opinion of them live too since adding Tommy. Quite frankly, he's a better guitarist than Thobbe. I am of the opinion that a lot of the blandness of the past two albums was caused by 1) the newness of most of the band giving more power to the simpler concepts that I think are favoured by Pår, and 2) those musicians being not as talented (specifically the guitars).

Bismarck is very audibly laden with callbacks to CoA/AoW era Sabaton, and that's a very positive thing. The album release will tell us if there's more interesting things happening.
Tommy is a ludicrously better guitarist than Thobbe and a far superior singer. I honestly hope that he gains more creative control in the band and starts writing more complicated riffs while also providing some high backing vocals.

LooseCannon

Staff member
Tommy is a ludicrously better guitarist than Thobbe and a far superior singer. I honestly hope that he gains more creative control in the band and starts writing more complicated riffs while also providing some high backing vocals.
I agree with you completely. I'm also excited for what he does with his own band, which has been renamed Majestica.

Brigantium

Grim Reaper
Staff member

LooseCannon

Staff member
I'll likely have to order a couple Sabaton shirts shortly.

Good on the band for helping out.

Black Wizard

Cereal Litigator
Pär Sundström (bass) has said that 'The Great War' will be "more of the same" and that Sabaton will "continue to deliver the same kind of music".

Tommy Johansson (guitar) said that "the sound is very similar to the old Sabaton".

No shit. Everything Sabaton have done is the same. We all know it.