Sabaton

Then leave?

I also think Carolus Rex is the strongest Sabaton album, but I am particularly partial to The Art of War. I think my ranking goes like this:
1. Carolus Rex
2. The Art of War
3. Coat of Arms
4. The Last Stand
5. Attero Dominatus
6. Heroes
7. Primo Victoria
8. Metalizer

Metalizer cannot even a hold a candle to the other seven. Attero Dominatus is the next weakest and was quite a downgrade from Primo Victoria. As for the others, I don’t even think I can rank them - they’re all very strong.

I do think that Coat of Arms is underrated, though. Outside of the crappy “metal” song at the end and one other song whose title I can’t remember, it’s a good-to-great album!

Carolus Rex is easily the best, but Art of War and Heroes are incredible too. I think the older albums have slightly better highlights but weaker filler while the newer albums are much stronger from start to finish.

I disagree with ‘Metalizer is clearly the weakest album’ because it really all depends on how I’m feeling. Otherwise The Last Stand is also a weak release which feels almost like self-parody at times.

Can you expound on this? I know it's not as strong of an album as Heroes but it's a solid album with only a few real fillers.
I don’t hate the album, but both TLS and Heroes repeat the same elements again and again. With Heroes it’s “we remember” and with The Last Stand it’s “tell the story”. The songs on TLS are also much shorter and feel almost as if they wrote it just to get another album out. All the songs are around three minutes or so and I really think there should’ve been more variation here.

What draws me most to Sabaton is Joakim's combination of singing and sort of growling. I haven't heard many singers with a style like his and he does a really great job of it.

42045252_10155492883586262_8824834518151069696_n.jpg

Cool.

I do like Sabaton, but them headlining Bloodstock seems very very strange. They seem like much more of a Download style band. I'm hoping the other headliners are more fitting

It might irritate the more old school Bloodstock crowd, who want a tr00 metal festival, but Download seems to like very commercial and tame mainstream rock better.

FFS. Neighbour is loudly singing like Drake again. :mad:

Back