SABATON SURVIVOR 2017: Results -> All together... GOTT MIT UNS!

Are you satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 3:
Reign Of Terror - 8 votes
Stalingrad - 7 votes
Light In The Black - 6 votes

Metalizer joins the game.

Bonus song info:

Metalizer (Re-Armed Edition) bonuses:

Not in the game:

This time I decided not to include songs from Fist For Fight since it's a demo album and no one likes it anyway :p
Most of the songs were re-recorded and released on Metalizer, but in case there's anyone interested, here are the 4 songs that weren't:

Nucular Attack, Hellrider, Thundergods, Shadows, Burn Your Crosses, Endless Night,s Thunderstorm, Masters of the World.

I don't have Metalizer and can't find Speeder on Youtube.

Dream Destroyer is a bonus track? That is far better than anything on the main album IMO.

When I listen to Metalizer I understand why people make fun of Sabaton.

Voting for everything except 7734 (which is the only redeemable song here) and Thundergods (because I ran out of votes).

So I listened to 7734 (due to Mr. Knickerbocker's recommendation) and Dream Destroyer (due to Mosh). The former is decent and has a solid chorus with Joakim totally not stretching his voice by any means, and the latter has the same Eastern-influenced guitar fill that almost every song on Primo Victoria uses, so it's OK in my book.

There are very few other highlights to this album. I love the neoclassical instrumental section in the title track, though, and the second solo sounds like Mega Man, so I couldn't vote for it. Endless Nights is a cool song, too. I mean, pretty much every song here is lame compared to even their weakest songs from other albums, but still.

Lyrics are generally the least important part of a song to me, but I just can't take the metal cliches. Sure, war lyrics are really a metal cliche, too, but Sabaton excels at that kind of thing.

Same voting strategy I always use. 3 songs from Metalizer have to be promoted. I genuinely liked 7734 and Dream Destroyer anyway so those were safe. The next best three were the first two tracks and Hail To the King, none of which were that good but a notch above everything else. So I saved those votes to work toward promoting the first two albums.

Voting for Into The Fire, Rise Of Evil, Back In Control and everything from Metalizer except Hellrider, Burn Your Crosses, 7734, Hail To The King and Masters Of The World.

Dream Destroyer is a bonus track? That is far better than anything on the main album IMO.
It was recorded years later (I think) for the re-release of the album.

Into the Fire is definitely the weakest song left from Primo, although I think Rise of Evil is the strongest of those remaining from Attero. The song is very authentic; it just sounds like Nazi Germany. Not that I think Nazi Germany was a good thing, but, you know what I mean.

Back