Rush

Top 5 Rush Albums/Next Band

• Total voters
Just figured out that two nights prior to when I saw Rush in Houston on the R40 tour, they played Austin...with a different (and I think better) setlist!

The Wreckers instead of Clockwork Angels
How It Is instead of One Little Victory
Between the Wheels instead of Distant Early Warning

Just figured out that two nights prior to when I saw Rush in Houston on the R40 tour, they played Austin...with a different (and I think better) setlist!

The Wreckers instead of Clockwork Angels
How It Is instead of One Little Victory
Between the Wheels instead of Distant Early Warning

I also saw Clockwork Angels but would have far preferred The Wreckers! I think you got the better deal on the other two, though.

One Little Victory is a better jam than How It Is, but How It Is was so rarely played (and because I have already seen OLV live), I would rather have seen How It Is.

I do like Distant Early Warning, but I LOVE Between the Wheels and I missed the previous tours where they played it.

It looks like their first time at that venue was the Signals Tour in 1982. That sounds about right.

As big on Rush as DT are, surprised they have not played a lp in its entirety like they did Maiden, Floyd, & Purple.

I vote for Caress of Steel

I believe they (i.e. Portnoy) intended on doing it but they stopped doing evening with tours until he was out of the band. They did have a tradition of covering Rush in Toronto though and Portnoy had an albums worth of live recordings that he had planned on releasing.

:/

"It's been a little over two years since Rush last toured. We have no plans to tour or record any more. We're basically done. After 41 years, we felt it was enough."

Crap.
Now this is how you don't call it quits. While this R40 tour was happening I was under impression that they'll still have occasional gigs. And no Europe at all. Kinda sucks.
I can't believe I had a ticket to see Rush and Maiden in Frankfurt in 2011 and sold 'em both. Now I really regret it...

Let’s hope Neil changes in mind in time for R50. One last great record and a proper farewell tour, selective dates.

No chance. I think he completely abandoned playing the drums (some of the reports say that he sent all of his drumkits back to DW). If you do that, it takes you more than 2 years to get the chops back, if you can, at that age. He also has a 10 year old daughter.

Alex also stated that he has no plans to tour on large scale anymore.

No chance. I think he completely abandoned playing the drums (some of the reports say that he sent all of his drumkits back to DW). If you do that, it takes you more than 2 years to get the chops back, if you can, at that age. He also has a 10 year old daughter.

Alex also stated that he has no plans to tour on large scale anymore.

What a shame, it all seems very terminal in that’s case, so gutted.

Back