Rush Survivor Finished: Red Barchetta wins!

satisfied with results?

• yes

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • no

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
Eliminated:
The Weapon - 2 votes
Countdown - 2 votes
Red Lenses - 2 votes

Eliminated:
New World Man - 2 votes
Digital Man - 2 votes

It's too bad that people don't know these 80's albums well enough to join in, there are a lot of gems.

Voted for the only three songs I could.
And I wonder why there hasn't been more people in this game.
Always thought Rush was a favourite with a lot of Maidenfans.

Eliminated:
Chemistry - 3 votes
The Body Eclectic - 3 votes
Kid Gloves - 2 votes

Afterimage is probably in my top-5 of post-Subdivisions songs. Brilliant emotional track with such strong melodies. Probably the best sad/melancholic uptempo song ever written.

I almost wish to vote in this round, but I can't commit later on (already doing other survivors/games which also take time) so it wouldn't be fair to just play along temporary, in order to try and save favourites like e.g. Afterimage.

Afterimage is probably in my top-5 of post-Subdivisions songs. Brilliant emotional track with such strong melodies. Probably the best sad/melancholic uptempo song ever written.
Agreed, it is a great track.

Grace Under Pressure is such a great album. Varied, strong from start to finish musically and lyrically.
Definitely under appreciated in the Rush catalogue.
Aside from the superlatives, I agree with everything you say about Afterimage, yet it's probably my fourth to sixth favourite on the record.

Eliminated:
Afterimage - 2 votes (I used past votes to break the tie)

To think, if only Forostar joined in for just one round, that blasphemy could've been avoided. :D

Power Windows has joined the battle!

Territories
Middleton Dreams
Emotion Detector

I forgot how good this album was. Synth era Rush is awesome.

*annoys this thread again*
Since you guys again will kick out a favourite of mine (best song of the album), better do it properly:
It's Middletown Dreams. :D

*Relistens to Middletown Dreams thanks to Foro*
Gorgeous melodies and some cool playing.

Haven't listened to Power Windows in ages.
The overall absence of heaviness still pushes this album down on my list. And the production is very dated with all that electronic nonsense.
But in smaller doses, the creativity and sonic clarity can take your breath away.
I am so into this band at the moment. Even in my less-favourite moments, genius.

*annoys this thread again*
Since you guys again will kick out a favourite of mine (best song of the album), better do it properly:
It's Middletown Dreams. :D
Actually, I have a friend who says that this is his favorite Rush song. That's right, not just favorite Power Windows song, but all time favorite Rush song. So when listening to this again yesterday, I payed extra special attention to it. I even stopped what I was doing so that my complete attention was on this song. Although it was a bit better than the others I voted for, it still didn't grab me like I had hoped it would. Maybe one day I'll "get" it.

Might be my favourite post-Afterimage song. ;)
Certainly top 10-15 material for me. Excellent lyrics as well.
Found a live vid (filmed from the audience and unfortunately no Peart but you can observe very well how Lee switches from bass to keys):

dat hair :eek:

It's a cool song, and it sounds nice live, but I don't think it stands up with the rest.

Back