Rush Survivor Finished: Red Barchetta wins!

satisfied with results?

• yes

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • no

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
Pretty much every song left shits on The Anarchist and Bastille Day, so those two + Anthem.

It's bothersome to see Working Man, Red Sector A, and A Passage to Bangkok tied with The Anarchist.

Working Man
Bastille Day
Tom Sawyer
Limelight
The Camera Eye
Distant Early Warning

If these songs get eliminated, a very nice top ten would be left.

That was weird...
For the second round in a row, ALL CAPS almost made me vote for the Anarchist.
But then I scrolled past them and the urge passed.:innocent:

If Anarchist makes top ten, I'm declaring this a farce and someone else will have to finish hosting the survivor, because I sure ain't.

:p

Eliminated:
Working Man - 6 votes
Anthem - 4 votes
Bastille Day - 6 votes
A Passage To Bangkok - 4 votes
The Camera Eye - 4 votes
Distant Early Warning - 4 votes

We now have a top ten! Only 3 votes are allowed now, if you vote for anymore than 3, I won't count your votes

Hey I thought you'd eliminate the maximum of 5 votes:
Rules will be similar to SMX's Survivors, with few differences.
- 2 songs per release get promoted to the finals
- songs that survive till the end of album rounds also get promoted to the finals
- until we get to final 10 songs you can vote for as many songs as you want
- in Top 10 you can vote for 3 songs until we get to Top 5, from then till Top 3 you can vote for 2 songs and from Top 3 till the end you can only vote for 1 song - if you vote for more songs, I just won't count your votes.

All studio albums are included.
I'll eliminate 1 to 5 songs per round, depending on ties etc.
Rounds last 3 days.

And here we go. It's the debut vs Fly By Night.

listening now, will vote later.

I think the reason for that was to avoid tie-breakers (four songs with four votes each) since we were close to the Top 10.

Tom Sawyer
The Anarchist

Hey I thought you'd eliminate the maximum of 5 votes:
I also said that rounds would last 3 days. The reason for the rule change was that I decided it would be better to eliminate songs with 50% or more of the vote, so there wouldn't have to be the choice of how many songs to eliminate. I've used this rule since about halfway through Rush and all of Foo Fighters, and it has worked much better that way. It also helps to avoid tie breakers, as Flash said.

Other than Distant Early Warning, a reasonable group of eliminations that round.
Six of my top 10 left. And not a song left that isn't deserving of a top 10 spot, if not necessarily in my list.

2112, Tom Sawyer, Red Sector A

Hate seeing Working Man and Bangkok gone, but at least Red Sector A lives to see another day. The game is still a farce, though, because THE ANARCHIST

YYZ
Tom Sawyer

Y'know, this really is a great group of songs. Y'know, besides that one zit.

I rank these songs like this:

10. Limelight
9. Tom Sawyer
8. Subdivisions
7. The Anarchist
6. Red Sector A
5. 2112
4. YYZ
3. Red Barchetta
2. Xanadu
1. La Villa Strangiato

So, Limelight, Tom Sawyer and Subdivisions are getting my votes.

You should

The classic Tom Sawyer losing to The Anarchist is insane. This survivor gets more blasphemous every round.

Ever since SMX stopped hosting these, it's been one farce after another

Back