Roman Polanski arrested by Swiss police on 32 year old US sex charge

SwissMiss Cocoa...does that count?

Gates, he was already convicted and fled the USA. He pled guilty to intercourse with a minor and was expecting a short jail sentence, but he ran once he figured he might be going away for a bit longer. The Swiss government stated that the US failed to prove its case for extradition, even though it's been 3 decades.

GatesOfTomorrow said:
I wish this sicko would get prosecuted already. It's been much too long.

sicko? Hardly. One 13 year old not one sicko make. Perv? No doubt, but I have not heard anything before or since that incident about Polanski liking the minors.

Onhell said:
sicko? Hardly. One 13 year old not one sicko make. Perv? No doubt, but I have not heard anything before or since that incident about Polanski liking the minors.

Know your facts before opining.  As pointed out in the documentary about this, prior to final sentencing, the judge saw photos of Polanski cavorting with more teenage girls -- which were taken AFTER he was arrested for raping a 13-year old.  This is what enraged the judge and caused him to rethink the shorter sentence agreed to by prosecutors.  That is why Polanski fled, because he got wind that the judge was going to impose a heavy sentence.  Also, he openly dated Nastassia Kinski when she was underage, after directing her in Tess.  Going out on a limb here, I realize, but I assume he had sex with her.  So, the dude liked to bang underage girls.  In the ass.  After drugging them.  Yet he walks free.  Fuck you, Switzerland. 

Well I opined based on the facts I knew, so screw you. Thank you for updating me as I have not seen any documentary.

Onhell said:
Well I opined based on the facts I knew, so screw you. Thank you for updating me as I have not seen any documentary.
The documentary, which has been condemned by some as essentially an apologia for Polanski, is nonetheless a very interesting film.  (I'll concede one thing -- the Polanski case was not the California criminal justice system's finest hour, though no one in the film seriously disputes that what he did was a despicable crime.)  Here is the film's website:  http://www.romanpolanskiwantedanddesired.com/.  The website has some interesting materials, and you should be able to find a copy of the film easily. 

HO-LY SHIT! I'm reading the link and read this:
We also hear from the woman at the center of the case, Samantha Geimer, who now wishes her mother had never called the police in the first place.

Obviously not having seen the film yet I don't know what she means by this (likely the media circus that it created to this day), but out of context it doesn't show her in a favorable light.

EDIT:

I was right on both counts. After reading this article http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN0337895620080604?pageNumber=1&virtualBrandChannel=0 (also in the link provided by CFH) She states the media attention was unbearable, but MAKES EXCUSES for Polanski! She clearly never got therapy and needs to learn a thing or too about abuse...

(source)

In his fight against extradition, Polanski insisted he had served the time agreed in the US and claims to the contrary in the extradition warrant were false.

Another of Polanski's lawyers said he still held out hope of returning to the United States.

"I think the misunderstanding with the American authorities will be easier to resolve and I hope that he will one day be able to return to the United States," Georges Kiejman told AFP.

Here is the most important question: Why would he want to come back to the United States? He's been able to direct plenty of American films in France... So if it is not hindering his work why come back to a country, more specifically state (California) where your wife and unborn child was brutally murdered and were arrested and allegedly already served time to statutory rape?

Who knows what he'd like to do there, again.

Speaking of that state:

cornfedhick said:
In the ass.

They say he still rams it down occasionally.

What extra punishment lies in California on the assfucking aspect? Would he get a few more years extra for that?

Forostar said:

Maybe we should remind CFH that when a man and a woman love each other very much they um... venture into... unorthodox, but no less fun, ways to show their love for each other :p

Forostar said:
Who knows what he'd like to do there, again.

Speaking of that state:

What extra punishment lies in California on the assfucking aspect? Would he get a few more years extra for that?

Not sure what laws were then, but 'sodomy' can/does carry a stronger sentence in some places.  I'd guess his point was that this was a fairly graphic incident.  Its all well and good when two persons consent to that, but not when one is drugged outta her head.

Sodomy laws in the US were struck down in 2002 in Lawrence v. Texas, iirc, but old statutes may still apply.

Back