Rock In Rio DVD Discussion

I'm not stupid guys, I know that @Spaldy was stating his own opinion, but he also said "Also, what are your opinions on the video in general?"

Well, sorry for trying to discuss this.
My point is your post was rather passive aggressive. Instead of putting your own opinions across you seemed more interested in belittling mine.

Now I saw that they closed London, Mexico and Argentina shows with Fallen Angel and Silent Planet as 18th and 19th song on the setlist.

Very strange and unique moment in Maiden live history

How do we know what exactly happened (cross accident). Did a crew or band member tell this? Never heard of it.

I think you can hear the scream pretty clearly in the TV broadcast. I'd look it up to make sure but it's late and I'm sure somebody else can check it out just as easily.

Fun useless fact about Made in Japan, rumour existed about suicide on Child in Time, when I was a kid if was a 'fact' told by older guys that some girl shot herself. It's just a grounding noise from Lord's organ.

The idiot 'fact' is refered to even by mainstream portal such as muzika.hr

Ta je vrlo uspješna ploča, prodana u Americi u platinastom tiražu, snimljena 15., 16. i 17. kolovoza i izašla između Božića i Nove godine, a uz sjajnu svirku, njezina je posebnost i navod kako je za vrijeme izvedbe “Child in Time” jedan fan izvršio samoubojstvo. Tome u prilog ide i činjenica da se usred pjesme čuje pucanj iz pištolja, što se vrlo dobro i razgovjetno može nazrijeti na samoj ploči.

"A very successful record, platinum in US, recorded at 15th, 16th and 17th of August, released between Christmas and New Year, great musical performance, its uniqueness is in a 'statement' (direct translation - very ambiguous) that during Child In Time one fan committed suicide. Backed by the fact that in the middle of the song one can hear a gunshot, which can be heard loud and clear on the record."

The author does not claim this happened but mentions statements about the event happening (his Croatian is absolutely horrible in style and reminds me of 19th century crap), nevertheless writes down in pretty clear words that the sound on the record is a gun shot.

So yeah, if you happen to run in some ex yugoslav hard and heavy boomer you might hear a most incredible Deep Purple story which is total bullshit. It's likely that whoever started this rumour heard about dubious case of death of a security staff member in Jakarta 1975 and put a twist on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me share this one here, I posted it earlier to short-answer thread:

Someone is going to remaster Rock In Rio-show to 4K and 5K resolution, what do you think about this?

How do we know what exactly happened (cross accident). Did a crew or band member tell this? Never heard of it.

Probably. This story has been out for twenty years now, I've read it even before I first joined this board in 2004. Maybe the original source isn't on the internet.

Let me share this one here, I posted it earlier to short-answer thread:

Someone is going to remaster Rock In Rio-show to 4K and 5K resolution, what do you think about this?
I mean they're obviously going to have to utilise upscaling as it was shot in SD video format so tbh 4K is a bit of a reach. I'd be happy with just HD.

I'm afraid there isn't a source apart from the story (without mentioning any source). I found some 2017/2018 stuff from this forum and a more recent topic on Reddit.

It's not that I do not believe it, but usually we know the origin of Maideniana, even if we cannot reach it easily, or at all. It feels incomplete.

I always wondered why Adrian wasn't shown during certain bits of certain songs? Like in the opening fills in ''Wrathchild'' or his solo in ''2 Minutes To Midnight'' (no close-up!) or the double solo with Janick for ''The Evil That Men Do'' (it was probably because of the walk-on Eddie, but still Janick was shown and it was a must to have even brief footage of Adrian).

I always wondered why Adrian wasn't shown during certain bits of certain songs? Like in the opening fills in ''Wrathchild'' or his solo in ''2 Minutes To Midnight'' (no close-up!) or the double solo with Janick for ''The Evil That Men Do'' (it was probably because of the walk-on Eddie, but still Janick was shown and it was a must to have even brief footage of Adrian).
If I am correct, they have lost footage with Adrian. There are some bits with him, included from other concerts. I may be wrong, but I have this answer in my memory from those days.

Last edited:
Also, what are your opinions on the video in general? Personally, it's the best live document Maiden ever released and possibly the greatest live album of all time.
It's great for sure. I wish it would be released on Blu-ray in high definition, full screen, and surround sound. I've worked out to this video and Flight 666 countless times. Love En Vivo, too.

It's great for sure. I wish it would be released on Blu-ray in high definition, full screen, and surround sound. I've worked out to this video and Flight 666 countless times. Love En Vivo, too.
It's already in surround sound. To present it in 16:9 would require them to crop the footage, losing the top and bottom half of the image. Doing this to an HD image upscaled from an SD source would result in it looking like ass, to use a technical term.

The dvd is the best version we're ever likely to get from RiR.

Is the RiR DVD actually out of print atm? When I search for it I only find used DVDs. If so: I don't get. It's indeed their greatest ever live document.

Back