Revolt of scientology?

Perun said:
Just pointing out the difference between something being legal and something being just. ;)

I think we can all agree that Scientology has presented no evidence of being just or charitable, whatever its legal status.

I'm not declaring myself my own country, I'm just declaring myself not German. ;)

Raven said:
I think we can all agree that Scientology has presented no evidence of being just or charitable, whatever its legal status.

That's it !  :ok:

I repeat, thanks to that, my opinion : Church of Scientology isn't a religion ! Or a wrong one !  :D
LooseCannon said:
What, you'd rather be French? :p

Me, I'm French !

"Doooouuuuce Fraaaance...Oh, pays de mon enfaaaaanceeeuu !"  :halo:

This is just a link of a french association. I think that they have a problem with religions and sects, because of one thing wrote on the website wich make a confusion between a secular state and a state wich doesn't recognise any religion. And there's a bug difference to me.
http://www.ccmm.asso.fr/article.php3?id_article=470

This subject created many troubles when there had been the conclusions of the investigations made by parliamentaries who found 173 sects in France. This was really important because it was a kind of way to protect *our (so dear)* secularism. There's nothing to me that is more natural that living in a country in which government and religion are separated. But I also know that it's really strange (disapointing ?) for a german. Wich refers to posts made in the beginning of this topic, and it was about communism and also native communities in Canada.

I have the little impression to come a bit too late on this topic...

The French are a bit... extreme in the way they approach their secularism. Hell during the Renassaince they made a new calendar, renamed the months and days to be as different as possible from the church. Of course now they do other things to protect *their (so dear)* secularism.

Just 173? I'm sure there's more, and I can't help but recall the Church's plight against *heresies*, one of such places: Southern France :D

Never too late to contribute ;)

Onhell said:
Hell during the Renassaince they made a new calendar, renamed the months and days to be as different as possible from the church.

This was only to show to the whole world our great and singular sense of creativity...  :innocent:

Onhell said:
Just 173?

I agree there are more than that, but they're not all as dangerous as Scientology. You can add all the people who try to make you believe that they can help you to be reunited with someone. Some try just to sell you dream and hope, some other (the greatest part) try to keep you under their dependance. Everybody knows about the seer, for exemple. Do they represent a sect, are they dangerous ? I don't think so.

Onhell said:
(...) recall the Church's plight against *heresies*, one of such places: Southern France :D

??? I don't understand what you mean. If that's about Inquisition, I'm not sure you're in the good area...

Onhell said:
The French are a bit... extreme in the way they approach their secularism.

French way to think :  If you think something is wrong for you, do the extreme opposite. Black & white spirit. Oh my God, we're like the americans ! (joke)

There's one good thing with our secularism, we don't care at all about one's religion, but we don't really like that someone outrageously show that. I've only heard two or three times about Cruise's link with Scientology. My problem with this actor is that he's always acting the same kind of roles.

He makes more promises than a crooked politician.  "We can bring happiness, peace, blah blah."  And if we suspend all belief, we can also fly in space suits straight to the moon, blah, blah, blah.

Tom Cruise told me I won't even need a space suit as long as I cleanse myself of enough Thetans.

Back