Revelations

How good is Revelations on a scale of 1-10?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This song was not an instant hit with me but over the years I have learned to appreciate this song, along with BD's talents as a gifted song writer. A good balance of the light and heavy elements witin the song structure, fine vocals and lyrics... a genuine pleasure to listen to 9/10.

The only problem i have with this song is that it doesn't flow that well in my ears. It's constructed from several ideas and i cannot escape that feeling. Somehow as soon as it gets really interesting, it's already done. 7.

9/10

A really strong song with melody and obligatory crowd interaction when played live. It's got so much going for it I'm tempted to give it a ten, but for some reason I can't put my finger on it doesn't quite make the premier league of Maiden songs for me.

This song is simply amazing. Bruce's performance here is epic, dripping with emotional force. The lyrics are cryptic and subtle, and work all the better for that. Bruce really seems to have a lot of effort into this song. The guitar work is also excellent here, with some suitably beautiful melodies. Nicko continues his superb drumming. The song is damn near perfect. 10/10

Love the version Bruce did at Canterbury Cathedral this past December. wish there was a recording of it.

Love the version Bruce did at Canterbury Cathedral this past December. wish there was a recording of it.
The acoustic one?

I'm pretty sure i heard it somewhere in youtube.

This is brilliant. Just brilliant. :notworthy:

I feel bad for not enjoying this song as much as many others appear to do. It just doesn't have the immediate classic feel to me that many other songs do upon first listen. It has slowly grown on me with each repeated listen. They seem to perform this on every live show I've seen so far. It is a well sung song by Bruce. A good guitar solo too in the final 2.5 minutes. 9/10 because it just doesn't blow me away like many IM 10/10 songs do.

A mild comment and a very high grade. Wouldn't a 7 or 8 be better? I hope you're not that mild because so many others praise this song to the heavens.

Its simple but yet effective. Bruce sings with such emotion. I really like the lyrics on this one, and it seems like Bruce sings his own lyrics better, as this performance is much better then the one in Where Eagles Dare.
Great solos and a really nice harmony following that.
Definetly one of the highlights on Piece Of Mind.

9/10

A great song, with great lyrics, great vocals, some great guitarwork, great drumming, great variety. Doesn't quite go the extra mile for full marks for me, but a really solid...

9/10

9/10. A truly great song, I love the lyrics and Bruce's performance here especially, and I don't have any significant complaints. It is not quite special enough for me to merit the absolute highest grade, however.

Back