1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revelations

Discussion in 'Piece Of Mind' started by gor, Oct 1, 2003.

?

How good is Revelations on a scale of 1-10?

1. 10

62.2%
  2. 9

22.2%
  3. 8

4.4%
  4. 7

6.7%
  5. 6

4.4%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

I meant live. I should've been more specific.

2. Fugazi

Fugazi Alchemist

This song was not an instant hit with me but over the years I have learned to appreciate this song, along with BD's talents as a gifted song writer. A good balance of the light and heavy elements witin the song structure, fine vocals and lyrics... a genuine pleasure to listen to 9/10.

3. Zare

Zare Dream of broken citadels

The only problem i have with this song is that it doesn't flow that well in my ears. It's constructed from several ideas and i cannot escape that feeling. Somehow as soon as it gets really interesting, it's already done. 7.

4. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

Looks like I am the only one who agrees with that grade. I added you for POM.

5. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

Great song all around.

6. Tron

Tron Trooper

9/10- its great but not 10/10. i wouldve given 10 at a time but initial love has worn

7. czgibson

czgibson Invader

9/10

A really strong song with melody and obligatory crowd interaction when played live. It's got so much going for it I'm tempted to give it a ten, but for some reason I can't put my finger on it doesn't quite make the premier league of Maiden songs for me.

8. 10. WoW what a song! This is one that is truely beautiful. Bruce is so emotional in the way he sings.

9. Viperlord

Viperlord Nomad

This song is simply amazing. Bruce's performance here is epic, dripping with emotional force. The lyrics are cryptic and subtle, and work all the better for that. Bruce really seems to have a lot of effort into this song. The guitar work is also excellent here, with some suitably beautiful melodies. Nicko continues his superb drumming. The song is damn near perfect. 10/10

10. Ray K.

Ray K. Invader

Love the version Bruce did at Canterbury Cathedral this past December. wish there was a recording of it.

11. Rotam

Rotam Night and day I scan horizon, sea and sky

The acoustic one?

I'm pretty sure i heard it somewhere in youtube.

This is brilliant. Just brilliant. :notworthy:

12. mckindog

mckindog Living for Sanctuary from the law Staff Member

Agreed

13. Ray K.

Ray K. Invader

Yes! He also sang Jerusalem. both were beautiful and mesmerizing. Thank you for posting the videos.

14. Infinite17

Infinite17 Invader

10. My favorite Maiden song from my favorite Maiden album of all time.

15. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

What a cool song. The musical twists and turns, the dynamics, the lyrics, the solos, Bruce's voice: perfection.

16. I feel bad for not enjoying this song as much as many others appear to do. It just doesn't have the immediate classic feel to me that many other songs do upon first listen. It has slowly grown on me with each repeated listen. They seem to perform this on every live show I've seen so far. It is a well sung song by Bruce. A good guitar solo too in the final 2.5 minutes. 9/10 because it just doesn't blow me away like many IM 10/10 songs do.

17. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

A mild comment and a very high grade. Wouldn't a 7 or 8 be better? I hope you're not that mild because so many others praise this song to the heavens.

18. Eddieson

Eddieson Nomad

Its simple but yet effective. Bruce sings with such emotion. I really like the lyrics on this one, and it seems like Bruce sings his own lyrics better, as this performance is much better then the one in Where Eagles Dare.
    Great solos and a really nice harmony following that.
    Definetly one of the highlights on Piece Of Mind.

9/10

19. Pand

Pand Ancient Mariner

A great song, with great lyrics, great vocals, some great guitarwork, great drumming, great variety. Doesn't quite go the extra mile for full marks for me, but a really solid...

9/10

20. Viperlord

Viperlord Nomad

9/10. A truly great song, I love the lyrics and Bruce's performance here especially, and I don't have any significant complaints. It is not quite special enough for me to merit the absolute highest grade, however.