Revelations

How good is Revelations on a scale of 1-10?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Daily Song: Revelations

Welcome to the Daily Vote Thread! Rules are here.

Remember, only a decent review will count towards the contest.

Today's song: Revelations

Yesterday's song remains open for voting! You can find it here.

Yes. Yes, yes yes. One of the best of all Iron Maiden songs. Bruce's vocals are incredible here, Steve is a monster, Nick continues his great drumming. It may not be a hard, hit-em-up rocker, but it is heavy and solid, and damn, I love it.

10/10.

Re: Daily Song: Revelations

My equal favourite PoM song. This song possibly has the best lyrics Maiden have ever written, and backed up by awesome vocals, great drumming and simple but effective riffs. 10/10

Best song on the album, best song of the Helsinki gig in 2008 (but surpassed by Rime in Tampere).  I can't possibly explain how amazing this song is live.  It's sort of a shame Bruce no longer plays the guitar on this, but he still sings it amazingly.  I was hesitating on whether it would deserve a 10 despite all these, but fuck it, only a handful of 80s songs stand up to this.

Yeah, one of the best songs Bruce has ever written, very cryptic lyrics. I gave it a 10.

Very unusual that the song is only credited to Bruce, but I guess it was possible for him to create the musical arrangement and the melodies, why not.

This song is one of the best of the 80's, and surely the best song on Piece of Mind. Bruce is one fire, great performance here, Steve is all ober the place as usuall, Nicko drumming is strong and the guitar work is something really special, the verses and the harmonies on this one are so beautiful.

The best song Bruce ever wrote imo. 10/10

Ranko said:
Very unusual that the song is only credited to Bruce, but I guess it was possible for him to create the musical arrangement and the melodies, why not.

Bruce also wrote Powerslave and Flash of the Blade, H wrote Wasted Years, Sea of Madness, SIASL, Davey wrote Charlotte the Harlot, Steve has written countless tracks alone.  Or do you say that because he's a singer and not a guitarist?

The best Iron Maiden song for me, which works even better live. Incredible atmosphere. 10/10

9/10 Great song and one of the better ones from this excellent album.

I take it we are rating the studio version so I gave it a 9. Much prefer this song live, but a great composition nontheless, and my favourite track from an album I thought was only average.

Onun said:
The best song Bruce ever wrote imo. 10/10

Nah, that would be Powerslave. This one isn't far behind, though, and my favourite Piece Of Mind song. The solos are among the finest on the album, the vocals are great and the cryptic lyrics are vintage Bruce. 10/10 here as well.

It’s too bad this Chesterton guy has been dead for a hundred years because he and Bruce write some pretty good songs together. Seriously, this piece marks another step forward in Maiden songwriting. No chorus, several parts, all of them interesting. One of Bruce’s best performances ever. The harmony guitars just over the five-minute mark just make you want to replay them again and again. But what really sets this song apart is the lyrics. They are working on a whole different level. An easy 10 and just a step behind Hallowed for the best song of the golden era.
Someone voted four?  :bigsurprise:

Eddies Wingman said:
Nah, that would be Powerslave. This one isn't far behind, though, and my favourite Piece Of Mind song. The solos are among the finest on the album, the vocals are great and the cryptic lyrics are vintage Bruce. 10/10 here as well.

I prefer Revelations.  :p I believe it is a better song overall than Powerslave except solos wise of course, Powerslave solos are among the Top 5 solos Maiden ever written.
Nevertheless these 2 are great tunes, Bruce should try to write another one for the next record.

mckindog said:
It’s too bad this Chesterton guy has been dead for a hundred years because he and Bruce write some pretty good songs together. Seriously, this piece marks another step forward in Maiden songwriting. No chorus, several parts, all of them interesting. One of Bruce’s best performances ever. The harmony guitars just over the five-minute mark just make you want to replay them again and again. But what really sets this song apart is the lyrics. They are working on a whole different level. An easy 10 and just a step behind Hallowed for the best song of the golden era.
Someone voted four?   :bigsurprise:
"The light of the blind" part could be called a chorus, though. Also, I guess someone can really dislike the song, but I would like to know why!  :uhm:

The best non-Harris Maiden song. One of Bruce's best performances and that vocal melody is awesome. Just inside my top 10 and it's well worthy of its 10 rating.

This is a hymn!!! The Cross Eyed Mary borrowed riff when Bruce sings the G.K. Chesterton hymnal sets the mood perfectly, then it comes a sequence of melodies and the perfect mix between aggressive heavy and clean parts and Bruce's dramatic, tear inducing performance, Steve's bassline is his best, perhaps. Lyrically, it's one of the most well written cryptic meaning style. One thing I love about Piece Of Mind is the fuzzy guitar tone, pretty much like Iommi achieved on Sabbath's monolithic classic 1972's Vol 4 and all this dark themes being written on a sunny place as the Bahamas really conjured up the right spirits for this album and this song eptomizes it. It also brings back a lot of great memories of my childhood - 10 through all eternity!!!

The one who gave 4 to this masterpiece surely doesn't have a 'kin clue of what is real music.

There's only one part in this song that you need to listen to in order to give it it's ranking.

That third verse.

So we lay in a black embrace
And the Seed is sown in a holy place
And I watched <gasp> and I waited for the dawn!

That part just gives me the chills. One of Bruce's finest vocal moments.

I also love the harmonies throughout the song between Dave and Adrian. They make me emotionally drawn to the song as a whole. You'd be a fool to pass it up. I can't believe it didn't make the top 10 last year in the Survivor. :O

10/10
Jeffmetal said:
The one who gave 4 to this masterpiece surely doesn't have a 'kin clue of what is real music.

Nah. I'm confident that it had to be a shaky mouse or something. Nobody can be THAT deaf.

Yes, some people can. So deaf to the point of saying AMOLAD or TFF are better than POM.

Back