Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg Video

The supposed artwork for the single:
Picture0001.jpg

I'm not sure if this is official, I didn't want to start a new thread just in case.
I think it looks quite well, better than the album cover anyway.

does look a bit fake, its still not quite up to scratch for maiden stuff.
by the way does anyone know if there is an online transcription of Alice Coopers
interview with Steve Harris recently? I've been scouring the web with no luck.
Maybe its not there, couldn't get to listen to the radio show im afraid.

Don't mince your words, Conor. Just say it, as it is. ;)

If this is not a fake, it don't look too bad. If it is a fake, than they've done a reasonable job (i.e. having the "previously unreleased material" sticker)

I just said it was fake because it's from a photobucket account, specifically baggggy666's.

If Maiden wanted us to see the artwork, why would it be on an account like that in the first place?  I can't see how a fan could have stolen it and taken a photo of it either.  It's just good photoshopping IMO ;)

Conor said:
I just said it was fake because it's from a photobucket account, specifically baggggy666's.

baggggy666 is Baggy, a member of MetalIreland where I got this from. Is it possible that he saved it to his computer and uploaded it to his photobucket, as he mabye wasn't as web savvy as you Conor?

Albie said:
If this is not a fake, it don't look too bad. If it is a fake, than they've done a reasonable job (i.e. having the "previously unreleased material" sticker)
The "& Crossed Guns Sticker" part of it is true, so even if this is fake they've done their homework.

Hunlord said:
The "& Crossed Guns Sticker" part of it is true, so even if this is fake they've done their homework.
Only time will tell. But if someone was to fake it, the least they could do is get it right. I'm not saying either way at present, because it doesn't scream fake to me - just yet; but at the same token, I'm sure Maiden.com would have stated something by now.

So I'll just sit here and get splinters up my backside from sitting on the fence. ;)

Well , if it is a fake , its a much better piece than the CD's actual cover art and kudos to whoever did it....Personally , I think it looks like a Grant piece , judging by Eddies clothes , hair and the skulls in the tree.

DREAMASTER said:
I believe it's true coz the artwork is very Melvin Grant if u com pare to the DOTR cover.

Can you be a bit more careful in the way you write? Thanks.

Well well I'm still on hollidays and far from my computer but I had the opportunity to listen to this sample of the new album...
I really think that Mr Benjamin Breeg should have stayed dead as far as the music is concerned  ^_^.

I have (and probably share with other Maiden fans) the feeling that this new song is far too long and lacks creativity. It recalls me stuff like Virus and Co. Obviously it's well played and sounds great (after all, Maiden is still a great band with great musicians). It is well recorded too. But if that tune was played by an average rock group do you think it would be of any interest? Now look at The trooper or any other Maiden classic and let's have it played by an average band: it would still sound great (this is why the Tribute albums are generally worth buying... ;))
You have the difference between a good track and an average verbose exercice that becomes a somewhat interesting tune because it is played by a great band.
I wish the forthcoming album is radically different  :huh:

Hunlord said:
The supposed artwork for the single:
Picture0001.jpg

I'm not sure if this is official, I didn't want to start a new thread just in case.
I think it looks quite well, better than the album cover anyway.

Personally I'd to see that as the cover, looks alot like the work by Mel Grant. But If someones photoshopped that please get employed to do the actual cover because its great!!  :eek:

Its quite a good song and although its a departure from there usual stuff you can tell that its maiden. Hope there are a few more 'classic' maiden song on the new album.

Nephellim said:
Has anyone been able to decipher the epitaph?
From our reliable source about Benjy, he has his Romanian letter translated into English. It reads:

HERE LIES A MAN OF WHOM LITTLE IS KNOWN

Just a thought. ;)

But the second word does look like it ends in "ACK". :huh:

Back