Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg Video

Wow, the song is awesome. Very catchy, should be great live.

The video barely plays for me, anyone got a basic summary of whats going on?

First listen I wasn't sure about it, but now after my third listen i love it. Should be amazing live. Also, look at Nicko at around 6:10 in the video, haha.

I headbanged through the whole thing

omg Maiden is the best band ever, yeah I'm blinded, it's my favorite band at least...

I can't believe they still make stuff so amaizing, this totally clears my doubts about the new album. I had doubts since it wasn't going to be mastered and stuff but now I just feel so happy.

yeah baby, maiden all the way

I can't stop playing it

I don't know if anyone thinks like that, but I don't have any ideas who could be Benjamin Breeg :( The song is very good, I wonder how it will sound live.
afro.gif

spalec said:
Wow, the song is awesome. Very catchy, should be great live.

The video barely plays for me, anyone got a basic summary of whats going on?

There are 4 squares in the screen. 2 of them shows the "making-up" of the song. The band with giant headphones to hear what they do. You see Bruce more than anyone else, but you see everyone in the band. The 2 other squares shows pictures/videos of the band from their debut with Bruce to these days. I'm sure someone else can explain it better...

canadaman said:
First listen I wasn't sure about it, but now after my third listen i love it. Should be amazing live. Also, look at Nicko at around 6:10 in the video, haha.

Why can't he get a real one instead of an "air guitar"

It took a few listens, but it's growing on me now...Great song

First I thought: Damn, this is the most simple and basic rhythm Maiden ever used in a song !

But later: So f**king what, it rocks, it's a new sound for Maiden and it sounds very heavy ! Bruce sings great and I love the instrumental part. The atmosphere in the intro reminded me of SIT, TXF and Age of Innocence (DOD) combined.

Amazing... just amazing....
Watched it 14 times already!

Wow... this is... incredible. The first attribute I'd give it is 'fresh'.

Now, this is not a joke. After watching this, I stared at the wall for a minute. I'm overwhelmed. This is the best single since "The Trooper". Yes, it's a very simple song, but the main riff is very catchy. The great atmosphere in the beginning reminds me of "Sign of the Cross" which may seem strange since Dave wrote "The reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg" and Steve only co-wrote it.
But I find a few 'Arry elements in this song, which indicates he also wrote parts of the music. As for example, just before the outro when they play this really hevay parts and it suddenly stops. And in pure 'Arry manner they start to play a really calm, not very fast piece of music.

The main riff somehow reminds me of "Montségur", not because of it's heavyness, but its choppingly played on the  (I think) e and b strings. At first they play on both at the same time, and then switches and play a smooth fast piece for a second, and then the riff starts all over again. Now that's "Montségur" manner!

Now, I'll have to grade the song. Yes, this is probably the freshness of the song speaking, but I'll give it 4,5/5 or 5/5, I can't really decide which grade.

Edit: Yes, it sure was the freshness speaking. Now after I've calmed down, I'd say the present grade is a usual 4/5.

Hmm...interesting.  To me, it really sounds (in the heavy parts) like The Nomad.  The riff may be a little bit simple, but consider this; this was chosen as a single!  Okay, they probably didn't choose it for commercial success, but even if it doesn't compete in the charts due to length, they would've chosen the simplest and catchiest tune.  So what must the rest of the album be like?  Ah well, I'm going to reserve judgment on this one, although the more I think of it, the more Bruce's vocals remind me of a mix between The Fallen Angel and The Nomad.  Still, this is good stuff!

Yax said:
.....since Dave wrote "The reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg" and Steve only co-wrote it. .

Very cool indeed. The first single which Dave (co-)wrote since Twilight Zone. 25 years in between! :)

Goddamn!  really good the first time, great the second time, now its just.....
Thank you God, Satan, Buddha, Allah, Eddie, Batman......whoever........
excellent stuff, that riff.........heads down........ahh I need to grow back my hair.

bring on the album....
its funny the more stuff you hear/see.....the more it makes the album wait
more difficult.

Not really my cup of tea (how many times have we heard this kind of intro in recent years?), but it's a *joy*to hear Steve's bass clattering away in classic style once the song gets going.

Damn..........that intro gives me goosebumps. Great song, not a very difficult riff idd, but so what.

Have to say, I really like the way the driving beat of it (if you see what I mean). It's a great song and I like the intro (so typically Maiden) and the guitar break in the middle is, well brilliant. My anticipation for the forthcoming album is coming to a crescendo now, and it's about to explode!

However, the opening lyrics - "let me tell you about my life..." - sort of reminds me of an old Fletwood Mac (or was it just Peter Green) song, "Man of the World". This was an autobiographical song written by Green, so I wonder, just wonder if this is done in a similar vein. I've just listened to it once, so I'm just having a quick guess.

Max_power said:
There are 4 squares in the screen. 2 of them shows the "making-up" of the song. The band with giant headphones to hear what they do. You see Bruce more than anyone else, but you see everyone in the band. The 2 other squares shows pictures/videos of the band from their debut with Bruce to these days. I'm sure someone else can explain it better...
This will get the rumours starting about this album been a swansong, no doubt. ;)

The Wicker Man said:
Damn..........that intro gives me goosebumps. Great song, not a very difficult riff idd, but so what.

But it's a very very effective one.

After first listen, I just liked the song, now, I love it.

Back