Regarding tour spoilers - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure they are coming to Mexico, but they haven't announced the dates, except by Rock in Rio. People is saying that the most probable thing is that they come either in March-April or August-September. I want them to come in the first half of the year, it would be better for everyone.

As soon as the tour for TBOS is announced, we should do just like the last time around and have 1 thread for open spoilers without tags and another where spoiler tags are required so people who are planning on going to a show and don't want spoilers can still talk about the tour and such. That worked out really great the last time around. :)

Hi everyone;

It's an exciting time of year with Maiden kicking off their newest tour. Nobody's too sure what the setlist will be, so I am going to put out a few loverly ground rules here.

1. All spoilers must go in spoiler tags! These are located in your emoticon toolbar above the post window. Also, it can be typed in by using
Code:
[spoiler]SETLIST HERE[/spoiler]
. Please be sure to use this, because I can assure you that if you fail to use spoiler tags, action will be taken by the Moderator Team.

2. Clearly mark any and all threads regarding the tour. An appropriate thread title would be "06/06/06 - Berlin Show (SPOILERS!)", not "OMG WHY DID THEY COVER BRITNEY SPEARS LAST NIGHT"

3. Keep an eye open for an "Official Tour Thread". It's entirely possible that one will be started by the Moderator Team to keep your responses in one place and to stop spoilers from getting all over the forum.

4. Any major news from the tour will get its own thread, but spoiler rules still apply. This is simple. In the event that a tour-affecting moment occurs, we will carefully monitor the post to ensure that while a newsworthy item may have occurred, any coverage of this event will not affect the enjoyment of future shows by forum members.

5. Read all threads before you start a'posting! This is very important during tours. The last thing we need are four threads on one show, all saying the same thing. So please try to make sure you post where appropriate.

5a by SMX: One thread per concert! If you start a second thread for a show which already has a thread, it will be deleted. If you are the first to start such a thread, please make the topic title read: Date - Iron Maiden SBIT Tour, City (contains spoilers!). Look at the title of the Mumbai thread for an example.

6. DO NOT PUT SPOILERS IN THREAD TITLES. Sorry I didn't catch that thread, Forostar.

7. Infractions will be met with bans. End of story. People are not following these guidelines appropriately, so they will be enforced with a boot if needed. One week will be the general response - exceptions may be considered by the Mods on a case by case basis. But don't count on it.

Thanks everyone, I am sure it will go smoothly!

Which of the symbols in the emoticon bar is for spoilers?

Hi everyone;

It's an exciting time of year with Maiden kicking off their newest tour. Nobody's too sure what the setlist will be, so I am going to put out a few loverly ground rules here.

1. All spoilers must go in spoiler tags! These are located in your emoticon toolbar above the post window. Also, it can be typed in by using:
Code:
[spoiler]SETLIST HERE[/spoiler]
Please be sure to use this, because I can assure you that if you fail to use spoiler tags, action will be taken by the Moderator Team. There is one exception, however:

2. The Official Book of Souls Tour thread does not require spoiler threads. You can post things in here. However, in every other thread if you're mentioning tour-related content without a spoiler tag, you will be subject to the moderation process

3. The Official Book of Souls Tour (Spoiler-free) thread does not allow spoilers in ANY fashion. ANY fashion. Not even tags. Deal with it.

4. Any major news from the tour will get its own thread, but spoiler rules still apply. This is simple. In the event that a tour-affecting moment occurs, we will carefully monitor the post to ensure that while a newsworthy item may have occurred, any coverage of this event will not affect the enjoyment of future shows by forum members.

5. Read all threads before you start a'posting! This is very important during tours. The last thing we need are four threads on one show, all saying the same thing. So please try to make sure you post where appropriate.

6. DO NOT PUT SPOILERS IN THREAD TITLES. Sorry I didn't catch that thread, Forostar.

7. Infractions will be met with bans. You will be banned until the end of the tour (at least). End of story. People are not following these guidelines appropriately, so they will be enforced with a boot if needed. The end of the tour will be the general response (Effectively Sept 30, 2016) - exceptions may be considered by the Mods on a case by case basis. But don't count on it.

Last edited:
7. Infractions will be met with bans. You will be banned until the end of the tour (at least). End of story. People are not following these guidelines appropriately, so they will be enforced with a boot if needed. One week will be the general response - exceptions may be considered by the Mods on a case by case basis. But don't count on it.

I would like to add that we are not willing to discuss anything about this anymore. We've heard all your arguments before, we're not going to be able to please everyone, so deal with it. If you don't like it, nobody's forcing you to post here.

So a spoiler is allowed in the title of a new topic?

Exactly. I didn't sound like something you'd ever be able to do anyway.

Btw, @LooseCannon, maybe you should put "Official" in the title of the thread where spoilers are allowed; since someone might open another thread with a similar title. Although, I'm assuming this one is stickied...
2. The Official Book of Souls Tour thread does not require spoiler threads. You can post things in here. However, in every other thread if you're mentioning tour-related content without a spoiler tag, you will be subject to the moderation process

It's amazing that Iron Maiden will first ever visit to China. I heard the news from AEG and saw there are just two ways to buy their tickets, that is to say, ticketing hotline 400-610-3721 and online via Damai.cn. Since the customer service suggest me to buy tickets online. I got the ticket successfully by myself. LOL

B
It's amazing that Iron Maiden will first ever visit to China. I heard the news from AEG and saw there are just two ways to buy their tickets, that is to say, ticketing hotline 400-610-3721 and online via Damai.cn. Since the customer service suggest me to buy tickets online. I got the ticket successfully by myself. LOL
Brilliant! Enjoy!

As for spoilers, I guess I'm too curious to wait until I see the show to see what they are playing. However, I go through a weird phase of sorts where I stop listening to the band I'm going to see a few months before I see the show. In some ways I enjoy the music more because I didn't hear any songs for a while. As for the rules of the forum, I agree to them but its funny because the rules of the forum are in some ways like the rules of my classes. I'm "nice" as I tell my students so I have a four strikes policy before I send them out but its very, very rare when students break my rules in my school.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm replying to this to make sure you read it and understand it. Yes, you. Right there. Reading this. Read the damn spoiler rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back