Regarding tour spoilers - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
fonzbear2000 said:
The new tour is coming up soon and I don't see a spoiler tag option in the emotion tool bar.

It's there, but there's no picture for it. It's under the red A (the font change button).

LooseCannon said:
3. Keep an eye open for an "Official Tour Thread".  It's entirely possible that one will be started by the Moderator Team to keep your responses in one place and to stop spoilers from getting all over the forum.

Can I please emphasise this last point? It would seem prudent for all Maiden tour related spoilers to remain in Maiden Chat but in the past they've turned up in various other places, with no prior warnings as to what is in the spoiler brackets. As people use the brackets for film plots, jokes or whatever a bit of common sense is needed. Unfortunately I know that whoever spoils the setlist for me (as I'm sure will happen to some extent unless I cocoon myself away for two months) is also very unlikely to read this warning thread. Oh well. :(

national acrobat said:
Can I please emphasise this last point? It would seem prudent for all Maiden tour related spoilers to remain in Maiden Chat but in the past they've turned up in various other places, with no prior warnings as to what is in the spoiler brackets. As people use the brackets for film plots, jokes or whatever a bit of common sense is needed. Unfortunately I know that whoever spoils the setlist for me (as I'm sure will happen to some extent unless I cocoon myself away for two months) is also very unlikely to read this warning thread. Oh well. :(

I even remember some dickhead posting a song title in a subject of a new topic he opened about the setlist of a recent tour. Impossible to not see that spoiler.  :mad:  Let's hope people will be careful, especially new users, who sometimes don't realize that it's not that cool to know everything beforehand.

As I once again don't fully expect to see Maiden, I will be ever vigilant in prowling the forums to keep them spoiler free.

LooseCannon said:
As I once again don't fully expect to see Maiden, I will be ever vigilant in prowling the forums to keep them spoiler free.

OK, you need to do my job then. Given that the American tour is (yet again) taking place before the European one, there's a lot I'm going to have to miss.

During the AMOLAD tour, there was one point where I warned somebody by PM because he put setlist spoilers in a thread title... he responded by sending me a PM which contained the entire setlist. I was pretty furious I must say.

OK, seriously, if you want, i don't care what is in the set list, and i can try to IM you when/if I see something for you to avoid.

Done deal...  luckily, since its NA first, hopefully most of the people wanting to avoid the lists will be sleeping or working when they hit. Tho, I'd think, that after the last tour, the only person trying to post set lists would be doing it only to be an ass.

Sorry, I meant intentionally showing set lists without spoiler tags; I didn't qualify that statement.

This announcement I have read. But understand I do not. The Tour is not coming to Malaysia. I did not read the announcement.

(Sorry, I had to test something and I needed another account, so I logged this fuck in, and I couldn't not make one post with him.)

This had better be some kind of a sick joke.

EDIT:
Oh. I need to read stuff through before I start posting.

thousand_suns said:
This announcement I have read. But understand I do not. The Tour is not coming to Malaysia. I did not read the announcement.

(Sorry, I had to test something and I needed another account, so I logged this fuck in, and I couldn't not make one post with him.)

hahaha I just giggled like a little school girl :p, I'm going to have to be careful this time around as I dont want to know anything about the show before the Toronto gig.

Given the recent influx of random new members (the ones who write like 2 posts and then disappear, and can't spell or use grammar to save their lives), I think the risk of another Fear of the Dark episode is pretty high.  9 June, I'm waving good bye to this forum for two months.

...I also nearly had a heart attack when I saw thousand_suns' face. 

What I'm thinking about doing is creating a mailing list. I can email people out when I have cleared the forum in the morning. And also, you can contact me directly and ask me if it's clear, at which point you can go in and check. I dunno. I can't think of anything better. I'll even subscribe to the RSS feed for the tour duration.

Yah there is no way in Haites I am coming on this sight post June 9.  I have two shows the following week starting in Phoenix on the 17th.  This topic is so valid.  If you don't want to ruin your Maiden concert experience, just stay away.  Loose Cannon you are the man.  AMOLAD  in Irvine was lessened  for me when friends told me of the set list prior to the show.  It still kicked A$$ but going in fresh is the way to go!!!!  Please follow these guidelines and keep your information on the shows to yourself!!!!!!!! 

23 days and counting til Phoenix!!!  UP THE IRONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back