Rant Thread

My mom:
WHY ARE YOU NOT WEARING A MASK IN THE ELEVATOR
WHY ARE YOU GOING TO THE CINEMA I KNOW A COUPLE WHO ALMOST DIED FROM COVID, AND THEY GOT IT IN THE CINEMA (no way of proving this, she's fucking bullshitting me)

Also my mom:
taking her class to a field trip for 7 days
lets kids take off their masks in class so she can take photos for Facebook
doesn't wash her hands in the bathroom with soap when she enters the apartment like a normal adult person, just splashes three drops of water in the kitchen sink with no soap
didn't get the 3rd jab until now 'cause she wanted the 6 months period post jab to last into the summer so she can go on vacation and not have to take a possible 4th jab

If she ever ends up covid positive, she'd have to quarantine here and if that happens, I'll rather live in a hotel for 2 weeks than share a place with her because we'll kill each other after one day.

I really hope everyone gets their $31+ together in this new year...COVID is a virus, not something you can reason with or simply pretend isn't there. The more careless people are, the more people will die. That's the reality, and I have had it to the point of murderous begruding fury for people who can't be bothered to be careful or follow regulations. At the end of the day, they are the reason this crap keeps getting worse, and everyone knows it because it's beyond obvious "§$%ing fact.

That, and as per usual, the increasingly incompetent and pathetic, egocentric world of powerful men that need to be taken to with a flamethrower. They can never accomplish anything but petulant greed and consistent validation of meaningless, superficial, self-important BS that only causes endless pain and suffering to countless others while further annihilating the planet we live on, and making everything worse with each passing second.

And last, but not least, Iron Maiden trolling us all with the data-mining micro-transaction corporate garbage called Legacy of the Beast.

That, and as per usual, the increasingly incompetent and pathetic, egocentric world of powerful men that need to be taken to with a flamethrower. They can never accomplish anything but petulant greed and consistent validation of meaningless, superficial, self-important BS that only causes endless pain and suffering to countless others while further annihilating the planet we live on, and making everything worse with each passing second.
I agree, but you forgot to include the increasingly incompetent and pathetic, egocentric world of powerful women.

TikTok. Guys sitting their asses off watching shitty brain-rotting TikTok videos. Why does it bother me? Because I hear the same shitty TikTok songs from day to day, week to week.

TikTok. Guys sitting their asses off watching shitty brain-rotting TikTok videos. Why does it bother me? Because I hear the same shitty TikTok songs from day to day, week to week.
Yes, in the period between highschool and army I wasn't outside much so I didn't get why people hate it so much. My innocence didn't last long after recruitment...

Work From Home issues:

There are some days when I'm invited to so many useless meetings, that I'd wish I could take a sick day off, decline all the meetings and do my work in peace without interruptions.

Reddit video does not work, it takes 30 seconds to load 5 seconds worth of 480p frames, reddit is a forum not a content distributor, people are reporting from entire countries, like Denmark, that the thing doesn't work, for years now.

I believe that scourge of ads is behind it again.
Before reddit started hosting video, they displayed embedded links, like we do here, and people hosted videos elsewhere, but that service elsewhere - YT, Streamable, Vimeo, whatever, puts ads. Ads which reddit doesn't make profit of and which will make people enable ad blocker over the entire site.

February 14th: Placed an order online. 4 - 7 days delivery, estimated. Eh, I'll take it.

February 21st: No updates, so I emailed asking what was up.

February 27th: No response, so I emailed again.

March 3rd: No response, so I called the shop. "Oh sorry, we were closed last week, but it's ready to go and will be sent out tomorrow, should be with you Monday at the latest". In hindsight, I should've told them to forget it.

March 9th: No sign of my order, was going to chase the shop up again but got an email from DHL saying they were expecting it.

March 14th: DHL - "We've got it, will be sent out today".

Also March 14th: DHL - "Actually, scratch that, you'll get it tomorrow".

March 15th: Had a look at the tracking at about two in the afternoon, parcel was seven stops away from delivery. Finally.

I then got an email around four this afternoon telling me the parcel had been "refused" at my address at around midday. No it wasn't, someone was home and they said nobody tried to deliver it at that time, not that they would have turned it away anyway. Also, how the fuck was it seven stops away at two o'clock if it had been "refused" two hours previously? Fucking wasters.

Just had a woman in front of me at the cashier who somehow managed to unite every annoying trait a customer can have.

- Puts her stuff on the register belt then goes to get more, not back by the time it's her turn forcing me to communicate that the stuff on the belt isn't mine when I try to avoid human interaction as much as possible.

- Gives her deposit coupons one by one, each valued at 50 cents or less

- Bags her stuff before paying. This should be a capital offence.

- Pays by card but doesn't know how to use it

- Loudly apologises and explains everything instead of just handing over the fucking coupons or entering the PIN again.

And this comes after I had to get into office early today (after switch to DLST) to have a Zoom conference with someone who couldn't help me with my problem, which I knew beforehand, but a rule's a rule, and we had this communicated after 2 minutes but she went on to babble on for 15 minutes anyway, just repeating the info we had established in the first 2 minutes five times.

Curious about this one as I would say bagging first is standard operating procedure in the UK

It's absolutely normal to start bagging your stuff while the cashier is still busy processing, but as soon as the last item is off the belt you should stop what you're doing and pay so as not to waste anyone's time. You either continue bagging afterwards or, for the least amount of annoyance, bring the rest to one of the packing tables behind the registers. And if you're alone and your groceries require a cart, what you do is toss them back in the cart and bag them after you pay. Unless you're one of those Tetris geniuses who somehow magically place everything in the right place as soon as it leaves the belt.

It's absolutely normal to bag your stuff while the cashier is still busy processing, but as soon as the last item is from the belt you should stop what you're doing and pay so as not to waste anyone's time. You either continue bagging afterwards or, for the least amount of annoyance, bring the rest to one of the packing tables behind the registers. And if you're alone and your groceries require a cart, what you do is toss them back in the cart and bag them after you pay. Unless you're one of those Tetris geniuses who somehow magically place everything in the right place as soon as it leaves the belt.

Ah understood. I think I’ve got too used to Aldi where there is no room for bagging and you have to rapidly throw all of your shopping into your trolly with ever growing panic before it piles up into a insurmountable mountain of produce and you gain the contempt of the check out person for failing the time test.

Ah understood. I think I’ve got too used to Aldi where there is no room for bagging and you have to rapidly throw all of your shopping into your trolly with ever growing panic before it piles up into a insurmountable mountain of produce and you gain the contempt of the check out person for failing the time test.

How do you know my every-day shopping experience? :huh:

EDIT: For clarification, Aldi is really bad at providing packing spaces. Lidl has the entire back wall behind the register available, Aldi gives you a tiny surface usually shared with the used battery drop-off point.

We ignore those rules in Ireland but I've always wondered what the mentality is behind them. Like, how are people expected to get items from the cash register to the packing area?

How do you know my every-day shopping experience? :huh:

EDIT: For clarification, Aldi is really bad at providing packing spaces. Lidl has the entire back wall behind the register available, Aldi gives you a tiny surface usually shared with the used battery drop-off point.

Aldi is the most physically challenging part of my week. When I can no longer meet the standard that will be my sign to go and I will simply starve to death. The system works

Back