Rant Thread

Could be. Business gets so good it stops employing enough staff and subcontracts all actual work to substandard contractors.

This is probably also the reason for everyone in the street losing their landline and internet connection today. A service contractor company working for Goodnessknowswho sent two workmen to dig a hole in the street, cut off everything for all networks and leave a sign saying sorry for the disruption. Home workers now can't work from home. The workmen assured us they were just switching phone lines from one exchange to another and it shouldn't affect Internet.

Currently chasing this contractor just to find out who they're working for, seeing as none of the individual Internet and phone companies can fix the infrastructure

And it turns out the contractor subcontracted the work to someone else. They're working for a different Internet company but have taken out Sky and Virgin connections too. They've finished for the day now.

I moved to a new room in the barracks. It’s full of sweaty fat guys, one of whom won’t stop talking the dumbest stuff I’ve ever heard.

Sounds like Maidenfans.

As our saying goes, only true men have 100. With 90, you're a an aspiring man.
Then another saying says, up to 100 kg - human, above 100 kg, pig.

Seems to me there's not much of a sweet spot there...

We're also the fattest mfs in Europe per latest results. Average BMI 65 :D

As our saying goes, only true men have 100. With 90, you're a an aspiring man.
Then another saying says, up to 100 kg - human, above 100 kg, pig.

Seems to me there's not much of a sweet spot there...

We're also the fattest mfs in Europe per latest results. Average BMI 65 :D
Here in the army, I’ve heard: the right to speak starts at 100 kg.

Fucking boomer online shop,

no you cannot charge my card tomorrow when your sales rep wakes up, because this is not 1998. You cannot try a charge, then say ok, this works, now we do it for real tomorrow on our own, because of the fucking bank security. I authed that transaction with a token you don't have means to charge anything else at any other point in time but that transaction.

Also, after you bounced my order, I haven't got it anywhere, it's completely lost. There's basket and there's prior shipped orders list. No section called "order limbo due to ancient financial practices"

Now I have to use another card which is from a CC provider and not a bank so I have to transfer funds to them and pay extra due to exchange rate, instead of using my native bank. Great stuff.

It would all be just some eye-roll and extra 5 mins if I hadn't ordered like 15 items. Just get my fucking order back in the basket, please.

I've ordered something from Italy - being a total idiot and thinking it's going to be here in a snap - the item is stuck in "Hub nord" of Italian Post since 16th of last month. All while the company is spamming me on email asking me to please rate their product.

Is this the fabled business efficacy of the north?

This got resolved. I've waited for 2 months but that's not due to them. I gave them 5 stars in the end, sometime in the process they offered a replacement of my choice and pledged to use another carrier. I decided to wait for some more time, and a week ago it got here.

The company is coffeekeys.eu and they sell professional keyboards. To anyone in EU that wants to buy a mechanical keyboard, as our options got even more limited after Brexit, check them out.

I've noticed eBay/Paypal sellers have started doing a lot of 'buyer approval needed for payment' thing. No idea why.

I moved to a new room in the barracks. It’s full of sweaty fat guys, one of whom won’t stop talking the dumbest stuff I’ve ever heard.

What shocked me more back then was the cultural gap. I mean no one in a room of 30 people knew Pink Floyd or Rolling Stones, not even the name. No one. On the other hand they were all listening to some ridiculous stuff from local artists I've never heard in my life either.

I have started on a new medication and the only side effect i've got is hiccups which i was initially happy with as it's better than blood clots or violent trembling or any of the other hundred or so potential whoopsies. I'm now on day 3 of hiccuping and i started within seconds of waking up. Hiccup enough and you throw up. I know that now.

Last edited:
Now this is quite unbelievable.

So we arrive at the final hotel after 2 weeks of road trip and we want to change clothes.
I input the code to open the luggage guess what : it doesn’t work. The code had been changed!
The luggage is quite expensive so I’m already considering a Plan B to go to the destination Airport Police on Friday. I know for sure they have some kind of Master Keys for when there is a suspected item inside.

I’m also starting to considering a Plan C, which is trying all 10 x10 x10 =1000 combinations when I’ll arrive home on Friday. No seriously I’m not fucking paying another €€€ luggage :D

In the meantime her Ladyship is talking with the Samsonite representative trying to secure a Master key, only to get replies like: Did you try all combinations? or worse : If it doesn’t work, just break it.

AHAHAH NO FUCKING WAY MAN
As she talks with the representative she also tries some combinations. At some point she screams I found it!

The new code: all 3 numbers different!!
I don’t know how it happened and I don’t fucking know how she did it, but..
HOW AWESOME IS THAT??
:D:D

Last edited:
No last time luggage was in an airport was 2 weeks ago, I locked it last time 4 days ago and let it in the trunk of the car.. The code has been changed by me somehow when I locked it last time..

I am livid.

Backstory + rant:
Lived with grandpa for 10 years, grandpa died, I moved back to mom's but have no space to move all my furniture (bed, desk, TV shelf) as I have all that at mom's. My dad is moving into grandpa's place, emptied everything out and moved my stuff to the basement, and now wants to move his stuff to the basement. Shortly after grandpa died, I said I'll take my desk and shelf if they don't want it, but my brother wanted it so I agreed to let him take it. Now they bought new stuff and want to throw mine out as it's "shit". It's not shit, I fucking designed both specifically for that room and I am certain that whatever they bought is shite. FUCK. Now I have "5 days" to move my "shit". And now it's my fault for not moving it earlier WHEN WE SPECIFICALLY AGREED THEY'LL TAKE IT!!!!

My mom doesn't even know where her basement is. I'll try to go find it and if I'm lucky, it's gonna have enough space but I'll probably have to clean it.

Also they basically threw out all of grandpa's stuff to buy stuff that dad's bitch wife wants despite my dad agreeing we'll take good care of that stuff. She never went to visit grandpa when he lived there and she doesn't deserve to live there or throw his stuff out. I hate her so goddamn much. Dementor cunt.

Back