Rant Thread

Or drifting through the walls/through the window from next door. How social services haven't reprimanded them for exposing their foster child to indoor chain smoking, I'll never know. Their house must stink. The kid has a proper smoker's cough and she's only 5.

Fuck off with your cigarette smoke, I don’t want that horrible smell in my face.

As a smoker that doesn't smoke much nowadays (last couple of years that is), I don't like it. But

I want to put out here, as someone that also doesn't like beer, never connected with beer, I have the same outlook as people have with cigs probably. It smells awful, especially while multiple people are drinking, burping and spilling it around, at your typical night out, and as it's more warm than cold here, warm leftover cheap beer smells like urine. What makes the beer worse than cigarettes is that alcohol is actually a hard drug that does intoxicate you fairly fast so you won't easily recognize you're drooling on someone's shoulder yelling the same story for 3rd time in a row at his ear, all while reeking of medieval piss.

Cigarettes are also not the big bad satan people make them to be. Yes if you smoke 2-3 packs 20 years in a row you're going to have a bad time. There are far more harmful chemicals, if you induce them with that kind of frequency over that kind of period. Like alcohol. Or the stuff in food that's allowed in the market. I'd rather smoke 2 packs a day for 20 years than eat 2 meals a day at McD for 20 years. Or the gases that come out of supposedly high-tech cars. Just stand near the exhaust of an idle, 900rpm 2021 internal combustion engine for 2-3 hours daily, 20 years.

Smoking open-air sections, like the ones on train stations where there's a red line and you need to be inside of it to smoke? Fucking really, on a train station? Train station? I know "wind doesn't blow in your city", in reality it does occasionally, and enough to drift all the smoke from the "red section" right to the face of the people around.

There are many more important public health issues to do now, cause we've done cigarettes in past 30-40 years.

It's weird here. When I was growing up, there was smoke everywhere. Now, it's really rare. Banned inside in all restaurants and pubs and has been for ~20 years. Honestly, I don't think much about smokers anymore, because we send them outside and such.

I am 23 years old and grew up inside a very dysfunctional household. I won't give all the details of living with my father for those years but there was a lot of abuse that occurred. I still have a fairly good memory of it all.

Anyways, I still see my father and step mother (who also contributed heavily to the dysfunction) a lot when I'm in town. Most times when I come over it is miserable. It's miserable to see how my younger brothers are still treated. It's miserable to see how my step sister especially is treated. There is no bed for me there at my dad's anymore (understandable) so I sleep on the couch in the living room. On Sundays I never need to set an alarm. My dad and step mother will get into shouting matches not only with each other but also with my step sister about what she is wearing, how they are late and everything is my step sisters fault etc..

It usually ends with them leaving all pissed or some of them start crying and I don't know man I worry about my step sister a lot. I can see she hates her mother. I can see she hates the church and all the negative experiences surrounding it. It is not right to treat a child like they do. And surprisingly enough it use to be worse on my older brothers and I. We all left our dads at 17 or before to get away from the dysfunction and the constant abuse we would suffer. I like seeing my dad still, and I want to maintain a relationship with him (as is normal) but going over here is hard.

Also sorry for any typos or anything of the like I am doing this on my phone.

Too much alcoholic scum on the streets. In Tallinn, there are certain areas, like the central train station, where you’re always met with hordes of drunkards. And when you go out of Tallinn, to southern Estonian areas, there’s whole towns and villages where drinking seems like the main pastime for loud and ugly people.

A short description on how working with my account executive goes.

Me: Hey I did this awesome thing that benefits both of us!

Her: Thanks, awesome!

Me: And I need your help to make another awesome thing that benefits both of us!

Her 7 out of 10 times: -> no answer

Her 2 out of 10 times: Sure thing, lemme just finish this thing that I'm doing! -> no answer

Her 1 out of 10 times: Here's your answer.

FUCK'S SAKE!!!!!

A short description on how working with my account executive goes.

Me: Hey I did this awesome thing that benefits both of us!

Her: Thanks, awesome!

Me: And I need your help to make another awesome thing that benefits both of us!

Her 7 out of 10 times: -> no answer

Her 2 out of 10 times: Sure thing, lemme just finish this thing that I'm doing! -> no answer

Her 1 out of 10 times: Here's your answer.

FUCK'S SAKE!!!!!
Is she married?

She cancelled two meetings on me today less than an hour before they were held, so I'll report her for that :cool: Thankfully I got the first one rescheduled, while the client for the 2nd one didn't respond at all.

Tuesday afternoon: "We need this done quickly." - "OK, I'll write a proposal for you to review and send it out tomorrow."
Writes proposal and sends it out on Wednesday noon as announced.
Thursday afternoon: No response yet.
Maybe I just have a different definition of "quick".

My roommate handles paying the rent and the utilities in our apartment, I just give him half of everything in cash at the start of the month. Woke up today to discover we have no running water in the apartment. I assumed maybe it was an issue with the waterline or something. After calling around I discovered we're two months behind on our water payments. Two months! And the worst thing is they cant get it turned back on until tomorrow (of course).

I wouldn't be surprised if I wake up one day and discover he hasn't been paying the rent either. I'm a little irritated right now.

• Angry
Reactions: Yax
I've ordered something from Italy - being a total idiot and thinking it's going to be here in a snap - the item is stuck in "Hub nord" of Italian Post since 16th of last month. All while the company is spamming me on email asking me to please rate their product.

Is this the fabled business efficacy of the north?

Back