Rant Thread

I know what you mean. :( Although here it isn't the old ladies, it's the young men that are the worst offenders. (Aftershave rather than perfume.) Sometimes young women too, and they may have strongly scented shampoos.

Yes young men too, mostly the alpha-male, fitness, macho kinda guys. :lol:
Or is that too much prejudice on a sunday morning?

Why oh why do old ladies were so much perfume?? It´s not because we´re wearing mouthmasks we can´t smell that good anymore. Did those women take a bath in them? And the combination of old ladies perfume is no feast for my sensitive nostrils! Rotten roses combined with vicious vanilla? Cheap sugar candycane combined with wildflowers? I´m not a scent connoisseur but the stench these ladies are producing is really playing tricks with my mind. :mad:
Yeah, ladies should have to apply for a firearms licence to use these perfumes.

Yeah, ladies should have to apply for a firearms licence to use these perfumes.
I once felt the urge to start a conversation to such ladie. (which I obviously didn't do)
Me: Excuse me, ma'am.
Perfume lady: Yes, youngman?
Me: Could you possibly come over to my place, just walking through my entire house, in every room?
Perfume lady: Why on earth would I do that???
Me: Then I'm absolutely sure no mosquito will survive.

Talking with an internet acquaintance about a game (Europa Universalis IV) and had this infuriating exchange:

Me: You talk a good game and all, but invading Russia rarely ever works out for the invading party. Look at Napoleon (within the bounds of the game, which goes from 1422-1821).
Him: Yeah but he was inferior to the Prussians, the Prussians could have done it.
Me: Well the Germans did invade Russia and I don't think it went well.
Him: Yeah but look at the Seven Years War, they beat Russia then!
Me: The Tsarina died after the Russians took the Prussian Baltic ports and the new Tsar loved Prussia so he bailed. Otherwise Prussia was done.
Him: Well, she knew she'd lose so she just died.

I know he's being a troll, but like, fuck right off with the Prussian worship.

What did the Prussians do? My European history knowledge is rather rusty.

Prussia was a dominant military power in Central Europe from the mid 18th century onward when in alliance with the British it managed to defeat the French and Austrians in the Seven Year's War. As LC indicated, the Russians were in that war too originally and even managed to occupy the Prussian capital of Berlin but eventually withdrew from the war.
Prussia was at the verge of becoming a major Europea power when it was defeated by Napoleon. It fought back Napoleon's troops after a few years but only in an alliance with other German states and later turned the tide in the Battle of Waterloo, the final and total defeat of Napoleon.
The Prussians ended up unifying Germany on their terms and imposed Prussian militarism and imperialism as foreign political paradigms for the country. Although initially the Prussian-led German government under Otto von Bismarck attempted to balance the international relations in Europe (he did destroy the previously good relations between Prussia and Russia though), the increasingly aggressive course of Wilhelm II, king of Prussia and emperor of Germany, estranged virtually all European powers except for Austria and created an increasingly toxic atmosphere in Europe that resulted in the First World War.
In Meme History, Prussia is considered a sort of badass bad boy with a sort of indefatigable aura thanks to their exploits in the Seven Year's War and Waterloo, but also evil because of the dominance of Prussian imagery in the portrayal of WWI-era Germany, and German military culture in general. That's why some people with a certain type of military fetish like to worship the Prussians for people like Blücher, Moltke, Bismarck and Richthofen.
I'm a Prussian myself by some definitions, and it's up to you to decide if I'm worthy of worship.

Also, for the football inclined, the name Borussia in some german football clubs, Dortmund + Monchengladbach, is the Latin form of the name Prussia.

Also, for the football inclined, the name Borussia in some german football clubs, Dortmund + Monchengladbach, is the Latin form of the name Prussia.

In the case of Dortmund legend goes it was named for a brewery of that name, though.

Prussia was at the verge of becoming a major Europea power when it was defeated by Napoleon. It fought back Napoleon's troops after a few years but only in an alliance with other German states and later turned the tide in the Battle of Waterloo, the final and total defeat of Napoleon.
Prussians, Russians, and Austrians all follow British lead
At Allies' helm is Wellington who must make his foe concede

Foreshadowed man of destiny
Soon you will be forced to see
Nations aligning against you
Marking the time, your reign is through
And you'll see your hundred days come to an end

I WILL SHIT ON HIS DOORSTEP TOMORROW IF THEY DON'T FIX IT
Reminds me of a skit where two comedians are "rehearsing" a piece where they exchange rather childish threats.

"Watch your step or I'll pee on your toothbrush!"
"Then I'll spit on your willy"
"Then I'll fart on your Danish pastry"
"Then I'll blow my nose in your underpants"
"Then I'll poo in your fridge!"
"Then I'll burp in your girlfriend's face"
"Then I'lll puke on your undulate"
... before the director comes and gives them detailed instructions on how they can improve the delivery of said threats :D

Talking with an internet acquaintance about a game (Europa Universalis IV) and had this infuriating exchange:

Me: You talk a good game and all, but invading Russia rarely ever works out for the invading party. Look at Napoleon (within the bounds of the game, which goes from 1422-1821).
Him: Yeah but he was inferior to the Prussians, the Prussians could have done it.
Me: Well the Germans did invade Russia and I don't think it went well.
Him: Yeah but look at the Seven Years War, they beat Russia then!
Me: The Tsarina died after the Russians took the Prussian Baltic ports and the new Tsar loved Prussia so he bailed. Otherwise Prussia was done.
Him: Well, she knew she'd lose so she just died.

I know he's being a troll, but like, fuck right off with the Prussian worship.

First I thought, only you would get upset about this. Then I thought, I've gotten upset over WAY less, and my friend wasn't even trolling.

I'm a huge fan of the Planet of the Apes movies, both classic and remakes (sans the Tim Burton version), and I was discussing the second in the modern trilogy with a friend at Denny's:
Me: "I'm terribly disappointed in Caesar's response to Koba, man."
Him: "Why?"
Me: When they're in the collapsing building? And Caesar is holding on to Koba weighing his options and Koba says, "Ape no kill ape." And Caesar gets all pissed and says, "Koba no ape," and just lets go.
Him: What's wrong with that?
Me: What's wrong with that!? WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT!? I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S FUCKING WRONG WITH THAT, IT'S THE SAME FUCKING REASON PEOPLE HAVE USED TO KILL AND ENSLAVE OTHER PEOPLE, CHOOSING NOT TO SEE THEM AS HUMAN BEINGS OR EQUALS, HERE IS A MOVIE THAT CAN MAKE A STATEMENT AND THEY HAVE THEIR HERO DO EXACTLY WHAT THE VILLIANS ARE DOING!? FUCK THAT! WAS IT SO HARD TO HAVE HIM SAY, "KOBA IS A BAD APE!?"
Him: I think you're ready too much into it.
Me: AM NOT! *take a bite of my turkey with tomato and melted cheese sandwich*

Back