Rant Thread

Actually I just realized a couple of days ago that indeed I'll never have a wedding dress on me. I'm too old to wear one, if I ever get married, I will not wear a frilly white dress and a veil. I could rant about it, keeping in mind which thread this is, but it's just sad. I really would have liked to wear one. So happy I didn't know this 30 years ago.

All right Lamia, self-pity moment is over, and time to return to normal broadcast! :bigsmile: You've experienced a lot of stuff in your life to be grateful for, and worn several dresses, who cares if they weren't white and frilly!

Actually I just realized a couple of days ago that indeed I'll never have a wedding dress on me. I'm too old to wear one, if I ever get married, I will not wear a frilly white dress and a veil. I could rant about it, keeping in mind which thread this is, but it's just sad. I really would have liked to wear one. So happy I didn't know this 30 years ago.

This... like.. I don't know, it breaks my heart. The fatalism, the disappointment. I'm just sorry for the way you feel. If I could, I'd bring you a thousand of wedding dresses and a thousand of potential husbands, for you to pick from. To feel like a princess, at least for a day.

Like, this is really terrible. The idea of even losing hope for the single wedding dress.

I'm sorry, I know this looks like it should be in the "drunk posting" thread, but I mean it, I'm just a big softie and I have a pretty taste for symbols, so it struck me harder than I thought it would.

I'm sorry, I know this looks like it should be in the "drunk posting" thread, but I mean it, I'm just a big softie and I have a pretty taste for symbols, so it struck me harder than I thought it would.
Thank you for your compassion, it was very touching. Fortunately though if you look behind the symbol, the most important thing still remains: I can get married if I want to, and the dress probably isn't the main thing. :) I've been very lucky to have the relationships I've had in my life, they just didn't lead to marriage.

Wasn't aware there was a law on this, but hey, you do you :)
No, there's no law. :) I just don't feel comfortable doing so at this age. I saw a bride in a wedding show who was 40+ and got married for the first time. She had a big wedding, frilly dress and veil, and I thought I don't want to do it that way. She seemed happy, and if other ladies want to do so, great, but it isn't for me.

When I posted about this yesterday, I also started thinking about what's actually important in life. Yes, getting married was my dream, but wedding is just the surface. Maybe it wasn't such a big deal that it never came true, I've had more important stuff happen to me, and that's what counts, I guess! :)

No, there's no law. :) I just don't feel comfortable doing so at this age. I saw a bride in a wedding show who was 40+ and got married for the first time. She had a big wedding, frilly dress and veil, and I thought I don't want to do it that way. She seemed happy, and if other ladies want to do so, great, but it isn't for me.

When I posted about this yesterday, I also started thinking about what's actually important in life. Yes, getting married was my dream, but wedding is just the surface. Maybe it wasn't such a big deal that it never came true, I've had more important stuff happen to me, and that's what counts, I guess! :)
Never give up dreaming, Lamia. :)

The little poppets across the road have got themselves a laser pointer, and are having a great time shining it out of the window at the faces of people outside. They can also shine it right through my window and onto my monitor. It's so bright the screen goes black. My neighbour has threatened to f**ing go around f**ing let them f**ing have it if they shine it at her granddaughter.

The little poppets across the road have got themselves a laser pointer, and are having a great time shining it out of the window at the faces of people outside. They can also shine it right through my window and onto my monitor. It's so bright the screen goes black. My neighbour has threatened to f**ing go around f**ing let them f**ing have it if they shine it at her granddaughter.

While I understand this is extremely annoying, I was that little shit when I was 15. In movie theaters, school, the mall, in traffic etc. The best was in traffic, shine it at someone two cars up and to the side and they have NO CLUE where it came from.... aaah, memories.

Go get a professional drafting laser and shine it back at them. That'll fucking show them.

Go get a professional drafting laser and shine it back at them. That'll fucking show them.
Pity my Dad has retired now. They had some awesome Class IIIs in his optoeletronics lab.

It's beyond just annoying, though, I got repeatedly dazzled and ended up with a headache for the rest of the afternoon. It was one of the powerful green ones, not the red ones people use lectures and for driving cats nuts. Shining them at drivers, or pilots for that matter, as teens seem to do around airport perimeters, is just idiotic.

While I understand this is extremely annoying, I was that little shit when I was 15. In movie theaters, school, the mall, in traffic etc. The best was in traffic, shine it at someone two cars up and to the side and they have NO CLUE where it came from.... aaah, memories.

Yep, you were a little shit.

Back