Rant Thread

Somewhat related: a pet hotel in my city was just recently caught on camera whipping dogs. The owner then went on the local news and defended his employees actions.
I'm curious about his reasoning? Must be some magical arguments if they justify animal curelty...

Last edited:
I'm curious about his reasoning? Must be some magical arguments if they justify animal curelty...
They're claiming the dogs being dropped off are agressive, but witness accounts seem to indicate it's been an ongoing issue.

That's why I always try to open toilet doors without touching the handle, unfortunately it's not always possible.

People who don’t wash their hands after going to the toilet. I see it in public toilets all the time.
This is completely incomprehensible. Like, why the hell would you not wash your hands every time you exit a toilet? Public toilets are obviously much worse. Makes absolutely no sense to me.

There was a study a few years back in which the boffins took swabs off the hands of people on buses - they found that blue collar workers were the cleanest and white collar workers were the dirtiest. My interpretation would be that the blue collar (ie manual) workers were used to the idea of hygiene as a necessity, whereas the white collar workers (executive types) had this smug idea that they never got dirty.

I've noticed a horrible rise in seriously stinking people on buses. There's always been the occasional eccentric or old person who smells, but this is mostly young lads wearing trendy tracksuits and trainers and with fancy mobile phones, on their way home from college. I can only guess they spend all their time in the same pants and can't be bothered to wash.

Hahahah, best bit yet as we’re nearing Budapest.

American 1: “What currency do they have in Hungary, like...”
American 2: “...shekels?”
American 1: “Like francs or something?”

I’ve been eavesdropping them the whole ride and they seem like nice people mostly, but say shekel one more goddamn time...

Reactions: Yax
There are some American students on the same bus to Budapest and they keep referring to Czech currency as shekels. I guess everything that isn’t dollars is shekels to them.
I can tell you with confidence that many Americans have no idea what shekels are. I’m more shocked they weren’t calling everything “Czech pesos”.

There are some American students on the same bus to Budapest and they keep referring to Czech currency as shekels. I guess everything that isn’t dollars is shekels to them.

Very late response to this, but it's a meme, mostly circulating in anti-Semitic circles, although it may also be used ironically in reference to those anti-Semitic uses. A friend of mine who frequents places with such memes circulating also uses the word shekels in reference to money.

Back