Rant Thread

Pretty shitty day at work, dunno why such days are even unleashed on the market, there should be a customer complaint service or something.
On the positive side, I've got the feeling much worse are to follow, so no need to get upset ahead of time. #OptimismRules

Is everyone's HR/Payroll department fucking useless? Jesus Christ. Yesterday I was informed that my company will not be sending out physical W2's (a little annoying IMO but whatever). Ok, fine, how do I get my W2 then? Oh, theres a website that you need to create an account for to access your W2. Fine. I'll just do that. I begin the registration process at 2 AM yesterday (I work 2nd shift). Website asks for an access code and access "date". Payroll didn't provide me with these things. Go into work early yesterday to get the access code and access date. Code and date obtained. Early this morning attempt to get W2 again. Registration code is wrong. Go to sleep. Wake up early to call payroll. Payroll tells me registration code is right. Try again. It's wrong. Call payroll again. Payroll is audibly annoyed with me. Tell me they'll email it to me, ok. Wait 15 minutes. No email. Call payroll again. Payroll sighs when picking up the phone. I tell her there is no email. She tells me she misspelled my email. Ok, I tell her the correct email. I hang up. 15 minutes pass. No email. I call payroll 4 times. No one picks up and they havent set up their voicemail yet. Payroll lady finally picks up the 5th time. She's really annoyed now. She tells me she's still trying to find the correct registration code and they'll send it when they have it. It's been 20 minutes

Is everyone's HR/Payroll department fucking useless? Jesus Christ. Yesterday I was informed that my company will not be sending out physical W2's (a little annoying IMO but whatever). Ok, fine, how do I get my W2 then? Oh, theres a website that you need to create an account for to access your W2. Fine. I'll just do that. I begin the registration process at 2 AM yesterday (I work 2nd shift). Website asks for an access code and access "date". Payroll didn't provide me with these things. Go into work early yesterday to get the access code and access date. Code and date obtained. Early this morning attempt to get W2 again. Registration code is wrong. Go to sleep. Wake up early to call payroll. Payroll tells me registration code is right. Try again. It's wrong. Call payroll again. Payroll is audibly annoyed with me. Tell me they'll email it to me, ok. Wait 15 minutes. No email. Call payroll again. Payroll sighs when picking up the phone. I tell her there is no email. She tells me she misspelled my email. Ok, I tell her the correct email. I hang up. 15 minutes pass. No email. I call payroll 4 times. No one picks up and they havent set up their voicemail yet. Payroll lady finally picks up the 5th time. She's really annoyed now. She tells me she's still trying to find the correct registration code and they'll send it when they have it. It's been 20 minutes
At my previous job I had been working at for over a year. My payroll had deleted all my information for Direct Deposit for some reason.. Once I complained that I hadn't been paid they immediately cut me a check and I gave them a voided check with my banking information on it. Next pay period came around and I wasn't paid again. They never input the info. Instead of giving me a check that time, they gave me a prepaid visa card with my paycheck on it. Doesn't really help since my bills are all autodrafted. Had to keep taking that card to an ATM, withdrawing the money and depositing it in my checking account. Took them two months to sort out a mess which shouldn't have started to begin with.

@Dityn DJ James & @Collin , get your employers to outsource your payroll to us, we'll see you straight :D

Seriously, it's scary how often inhouse payroll departments are staffed by people who know naff all about payroll. When I left my last job they tried to do me out of five days holiday because they actually didn't know the rules. I patiently explained that when someone leaves mid-year you have to divide the total holiday entitlement (which legally can't be less than 28 days) by 260 and multiply by the working days up to the leaving date to get the legal minimum entitlement (then pay in lieu for any untaken days). They said oh but we don't do it that way, we just divide 20 days by 12 and round up to the nearest day and ignore the bank holidays. I said oh no you don't, if you want to calculate the legal minimum correctly you do it the way I just said but furthermore if you read the staff handbook it says you already do it that way. She took my calculation away "to look at" and a couple of days later I received a revised letter containing the calculation I had provided :D

The place I worked before that omited to make any pension contributions for me for 10 months, even though they were taking it out of my salary by salary sacrifice. By the time I found this out they owed me nearly £3k. Their excuse was that no-one had given them the payment details but then they mysteriously "discovered" them 10 minutes later ... :facepalm:

Went to the cafeteria and got some chips. Cafeteria staff never puts enough salt on it, and they recently removed all salt and pepper shakers from the dining area because the university is apparently now populated by children who kept messing with them. Instead, they now have central spice boxes where you put the spices on your food with a spoon. Turns out the box labeled "salt" actually had sugar in it. There is a commentary on the state of our world in there somewhere, I'm sure of it.

Spitting. I’ve mentioned it before that few things trigger me as much as spitting when it’s used for looking like a tough guy. If you have something bad in your mouth and you need to get rid of it, do it in a way that’s not too noticeable. But if you’re walking towards me with your friend and 20 meters away from meeting you spit in my walking line, you’re just an asshole. And if you want to let me know that you’re pissed, because I’m talking to a woman you know in front of the club, by spitting, then you’re an asshole too. Just don’t be the “spitting tough guy”, you’ll look like a little bitch. What the hell is up with spitting, I don’t get it. :wtf:

I have received a message that my grandfather passed away.

I don't know more details but first message is that some robbers went to his apartment and robbed him. He then passed the next day from stress/shock.

I can not be too sad that he is gone. He was very old, getting a bit confused lately, and I have fond memories and even though we were not the closest, by his standards our relationship was just proper.

But what kind of low life scum targets old people to rob them? What kind of low trash you have to be to do such a thing and live with this? This is what fills me with sadness that I can not describe.

I have received a message that my grandfather passed away.

I don't know more details but first message is that some robbers went to his apartment and robbed him. He then passed the next day from stress/shock.

I can not be too sad that he is gone. He was very old, getting a bit confused lately, and I have fond memories and even though we were not the closest, by his standards our relationship was just proper.

But what kind of low life scum targets old people to rob them? What kind of low trash you have to be to do such a thing and live with this? This is what fills me with sadness that I can not describe.
Condolences, friend. That's terrible to hear.

My favorite beanie got shrunk after washing it in the washing machine. Can't fit it onto my head anymore. I doubt anyone can now. God fucking dammit.

My girlfriend’s father was incredibly abusive to her and her mom and brother, but they escaped from his clutches two years ago and now live with her mom’s boyfriend. Today said boyfriend beat their dog when I was at their house because he apparently kept trying to bolt, yknow, in typical dog fashion. My girlfriend is mentally scarred from the shit her dad did to her, and this reopened those wounds. And honestly? It was pretty fucking terrifying to witness myself. So for the love of god, treat your animals right. I swear to Jesus I can’t look at that man the same way again.

Back