Rant Thread

the replacement buses are not flagged.
Would something like this be more helpful?
1426XZXCCys1-m0kPRB--M32vZQDLB27YoiMSL5F1BA.jpg

Posting here until we get a Careers Advice for MaideFans thread. ;)

Once again I am reminded about how much I hate my job and need to get out of it before it tips me over the edge. I keeping getting this awful fear that I'm going to be stuck in it for another six years and am on the verge of leaving (I actually wrote out my resignation letter sometime last April but got cold feet at the last minute before handing it in) but I know that it's a bad decision. I don't want to continue in my line of work (municipal engineer is my official title) but don't have experience in any other area to be able to get out of it. Has anyone here ever had a complete change of career? How did you go about it?

Well, it does seem to confirm my belief that I need to do some studying/training before looking for something else, so somewhat useful. :ok:

1. I helped a mate carry a chest of drawers upstairs to his new flat last night. He suggested we turn it around because it would be easier to carry. I agreed. We turned it around and all the drawers came falling out with a series of loud crashes. My mate looked at me and said that that was pretty stupid of him. I replied that since I didn't object to his plan, I'm pretty much just as stupid.

2. Arranged a meeting via email. Asked the guy, "where am I going to find you?" He replied that I should look at the address in his email signature. He's probably ranting to his colleagues about how people just can't read right now.

3. Wrote a one-page handout for a presentation tomorrow. Proceeded to print 20 copies. Just as the print job was being submitted I saw that I hadn't printed my handout, but the 42 page document I had open in another tab. Each page costs 5 cents. I hope I cancelled the job in time.

You are allowed to say that I'm stupid.
5f1fd22eabd1c1f009ab2cf3919ab614.jpg

Last edited:
I hope I cancelled the job in time.

I didn't, but my account blocked the print job because I didn't have enough credit. Luckily it blocked the full job and didn't just print until I ran out of money. They obviously designed this system for stupid people.

1. I helped a mate carry a chest of drawers upstairs to his new flat last night. He suggested we turn it around because it would be easier to carry. I agreed. We turned it around and all the drawers came falling out with a series of loud crashes. My mate looked at me and said that that was pretty stupid of him. I replied that since I didn't object to his plan, I'm pretty much just as stupid.
giphy.gif

2. Arranged a meeting via email. Asked the guy, "where am I going to find you?" He replied that I should look at the address in his email signature. He's probably ranting to his colleagues about how people just can't read right now.

3. Wrote a one-page handout for a presentation tomorrow. Proceeded to print 20 copies. Just as the print job was being submitted I saw that I hadn't printed my handout, but the 42 page document I had open in another tab. Each page costs 5 cents. I hope I cancelled the job in time.

You are allowed to say that I'm stupid.
5f1fd22eabd1c1f009ab2cf3919ab614.jpg
Sei ruhig, bleibe ruhig, mein Freund;
Gehirnzellen sind manchmal gezäunt.

Back