Rant Thread

Oh, is that where this crap about alkalised water has come from?
Probably, yes.

In the interview, Young brought in quotes from Moses and Muhammad to back up his idea that blood can turn into other types of cells - more specifically that red blood cells can turn into bacteria and viruses. This, in turn, causes disease. And it is, of course, triggered by your blood being too acidic ... and non-infectuous diseases are also caused by acidic blood, of course.

[besserwisser]
The pH balance in our bloodstream is finely balanced in the region of 7,4-7,5. The regulation mostly happens through changes in breathing frequency. Breathe fasterr - get more CO2 out of your blood, increasing the pH value. Breathe slower - keep more CO2 inside - decrease the pH of the blood. If you get too far outside the normal range - you faint, and if the problem is not resolved, you cease to be. You become an ex person. In Young's case, that would be an ex pHraud.
[\besserwisser]

When I grew up, I was told that one of the main issues we are going to face in the 21st century would be to provide clean water and medical infrastructures to be able to cure diseases that are unnecessary but potentially lethal. The problem, I was told, isn't that we can't cure these diseases, but that we need to be able to provide the very simple and very cheap means to countries in Africa, Asia and South America so that people who don't need to die won't.
Now, there is a problem with measles in Germany. In. fucking. Germany. Children die of measles. And of malnutrition. In industrialised, wealthy and educated countries. Not because there is a lack of means to save them. But because people choose to believe sleazy snake-oil salesmen more than professional doctors. It's not even that they do so for lack of better knowledge. It's that they choose to reject better knowledge.

Actually, I've recently read that there are people in Bulgaria (maybe other countries too, I don't know) who "detox" their children by not letting them eat or drink anything for periods of up to 48 hours at a time. We're talking about young children, sometimes aged only 3. I have no idea why such a thing wouldn't be treated as a crime.

Actually, I've recently read that there are people in Bulgaria (maybe other countries too, I don't know) who "detox" their children by not letting them eat or drink anything for periods of up to 48 hours at a time. We're talking about young children, sometimes aged only 3. I have no idea why such a thing wouldn't be treated as a crime.

WHAT? Fucking idiots. Bloody morons. Sons and daughters of silly people. All educated people should fart in their general direction. People like that should be behind bars, or under forced psychiatric care.

I'm not sure whether the popular Einstein quote about the universe and human stupidity is a genuine quote from him, but it is true regardless of who said it.

The regulation mostly happens through changes in breathing frequency. Breathe fasterr - get more CO2 out of your blood, increasing the pH value. Breathe slower - keep more CO2 inside - decrease the pH of the blood. If you get too far outside the normal range - you faint, and if the problem is not resolved, you cease to be. You become an ex person.
After reading this it seems like my breathing auto pilote doesn't work anymore.. It feels so uncomfortable :(

How so? I guess you can't feel your blood pH level, so I'm not sure I get what you're trying to say here.
I was under the impression that if i don't keep my breathing rate too regular i would faint . And i couldn't stop thinking about my breathing for 4 or 5 minutes.
I can't feel the exact value of my blood pH level but i would feel that something is wrong ( maybe some dizziness )if it gets too hight or too low.

I was under the impression that if i don't keep my breathing rate too regular i would faint . And i couldn't stop thinking about my breathing for 4 or 5 minutes.
I can't feel the exact value of my blood pH level but i would feel that something is wrong ( maybe some dizziness )if it gets too hight or too low.

No, no. This stuff works without thinking. The human body has a lot of feedback control loops that work very well without thinking :)

So unless you are hyperventilating, or playing with autoasphyxiation, don't worry. Your control system will take care of that CO2 level. Go listen to Maiden and everything will be OK!

There is no reasonable alternative to a mandatory universal health insurance. Nevertheless, I understand the critics. Such an insurance can sometimes, from a very subjective point of view, morph into a black, bottomless pit into which you are forced to throw your hard-earned money, which you will never see again. My own personal subjective experience with hospitals and doctors has been very negative, and not worth the money I paid and pay for it.
There is nothing you can do about it, because as I said, there's no reasonable alternative - but I think a lot of people would appreciate it if the insurance companies provided you with a free stock of stress balls.

Man, fuck hairdressers. Especially those who don't see the difference between "trim the top a little bit" and "make me look like fucking Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber." :facepalm:

Man, fuck hairdressers. Especially those who don't see the difference between "trim the top a little bit" and "make me look like fucking Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber." :facepalm:

2iJfvgg.jpg

Back