Rant Thread

I hate how 15:30 feels drastically different from 16:00 in terms of still having the day ahead of you.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

My colleague has a unique way of making me feel guilty for asking for instructions on a task she want me to do that I have never done before.

Is it just my subjective impression or do 50% of all present-day telecommunication conversations go something like this:

"Hello?"
"Hello?"
"Hello, can you hear me?"
"Hello?"
"Can you hear me?"
"I can't hear you."
"I don't seem to have coverage here."
"I couldn't hear you, can you say that again?"
"I said I don't seem to have coverage here."
"You're breaking up."
"I can't hear you."
"Hello?"
"Hello?"
"I can't hear you."
"Can you hear me now?"
"I can't hear you. Hello?"
"Can you hear me now?"
"I can hear you now."
"Hello?"
"I can hear you clearly."
"You're breaking up."
"Hello?"
*toot* *toot* *toot*

People who think that certain genres of music (particularly metal) will invite demons into your home.

What.

I've always been confused by this. How could you invite demons into your home through a CD or an LP or what have you? It's not just music too, it's also books, trading cards, magazines, you name it, demons are in it. How would they even get in there in the first place though? Would they be floating around the world looking for some souls to steal, see some CDs, and go, "Hey, these are death metal albums! Let's enter them and then infect our listeners!"

Personally, I think the Bible and hymnals are the ones with spiritual viruses. :ninja:

The shitty computer program I work with has an exceptionally shitty system of entering addresses that makes no sense because it's absolutely counter-intuitive, and seems to be working differently every time.

It crashes every time you make a mistake such as combining a ZIP code with a wrong country abbreviation.

It can really drive you up the wall when it crashes, because it involves a long log-in procedure and has a complicated system of commands to get you where you need to be, and it has no autosave function.

It crashed a lot of times on me today.

Because Slovensko is Slovakia, not Slovenia.
Ouch :D

Right before watching the 19:00 news, I saw an announcement for a program to be sent later tonight, and I heard the word "pH diet".

This caused me, stupid me, to revisit corners of the Internet where bogus medicine, bogus chemistry and conspiracy theories are mixed together and some fuckers promote all this bogus shit to people who have potentially fatal conditions.

I fucking HATE people who promote scam diets and scam cures to seriously ill people, often at a price forcing the patient (or his/her family) to take up big loans, even sell their house. I wish for all such people to rot in prison. For the rest of their lives. Fuck off.

I think you're too mild though. Rot in prison? From what I've read about Norwegian prisons that's not enough at all.

Some of the worst of this kind are American, so that should be OK. US prisons are tougher.

Also, even in a Norwegian prison, they will lack the one thing they thrive on. Gullible people to rip off.

Back