Rant Thread

So I'm coming back home and I see Dog Girl going to the entrance from the opposite direction and I remember @Magnus calling her Dog Girl and I start laughing like an idiot and could barely contain myself. Anyway, just exchanged Hi's and were in the elevator together. I prefer Elevator Girl now, btw.

I went to the supermarket to buy canned goulash for dinner, I come home and that's the only thing I forgot to buy. I saw it on the shelf, went to grab it, got distracted by something else and forgot to put it in the basket. FML

Canned goulash is great. Beans and sausage might be even a notch better.

I've been living at my mom's place for about 40 days already, as my bathroom at home is wrecked and I can't shower there, and can't use the kitchen sink there either, and honestly... as stupid as it sounds, when I work at my desk in my room, and turn to the left, all I can see are the wrecked walls of the bathroom, so I just decided to stay here at mom's until it's all fixed. It drives me nuts and I can't look at that.

Today the water heater died at mom's place so I will now need to find a new place to shower at, unless this guy I'm gonna call in the morning fixes the water heater immediately, or at least on Wednesday. I guess I can survive one day without showering since I don't really go anywhere. I only figured out the water heater didn't work when I entered the shower so I had an ice cold November shower once already but I really wanna avoid it if I can. I felt like I was gonna get a heart attack at least twice.

I found a guy who for a really low price fixed the water heater and it is now working, yay!

There was like 2 kg of dirt in it, as it wasn't cleaned since 2009, when it was bought. Also, some of the components were fried. And by that I mean they looked like they were deep fried in dirt. Gross stuff.

I remember now why I don't go out on this estate after dark. Fucking tracksuit and pyjama wearing lowlife wandering the streets hurling threats and abuse and coughing in people's faces if they're older than teenage. So much for patriotic flag waving Brexit 'we're in this together' shite.

Jesus fucking Christ. I've often heard of nightmare DMV stories, but I've never had any issues myself. Until now.

Some background: Recently I had a job interview for a job as a transport driver. The interview went well, but they said that they wouldn't be able to offer me the position until I had a permit for a CDL. (Commercial Drivers License. A special license that is needed to drive big trucks and the like) I let them know that I would work on getting it asap, and I'd let them know as soon as I got the permit. Once I got the permit the company would train me on how to drive the truck and everything until I get the full license.

All that's needed to get the permit is to study to relevant information, and then take a written, general knowledge test. For the past week or so I studied up, and found some practice tests online, so by now I feel pretty confident I'd be able to pass the test.

After looking online, I saw that only a select few of the DMV locations even offered CDL testing, the closest being about a 25 min drive away from me. Town X. My plan was to go in yesterday to take the test. I tried calling ahead to make sure I'd be able to get in, but I couldn't get through to an actual person, and didn't feel like waiting on hold for an hour. The information online said that an appointment wasn't necessary to take the test I needed, so I drove over there yesterday afternoon.

When I got there, there was a line outside, and the staff there said they were operating by appointment only. Well that sucks, that wasn't listed anywhere on the website, and like I said I couldn't get through on the phone. I asked the guy there to set me up for the soonest appointment they had available. They didn't have anything left for that day, and they soonest one they had was for 4:00 pm the next day. (Which is now today). I give him all my information, set up the appointment, and drive back home. I get a text message confirming the appointment.

A few hours later, at 7:51 pm. I get another text saying my appointment has been canceled. "Out of an abundance of caution, the [Town X] facility is now closed due to COVID-19. It will reopen November 19th" ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!? I JUST MADE MY FUCKING APPOINTMENT WITH YOU ASSHOLES 5 FUCKING HOURS AGO! And of course they send me that text message after all the offices are closed so I can't even call to schedule an appointment at another location!

So today I wake up and try to see If I can go somewhere else. I make the phone call, wait on hold for 20 minutes, and find out that I'll be to go to a location in Town Y. A 40 minute drive. The lady on the phone confirmed that I would not need an appointment.

So I make the drive to town Y. Get to the facility, talk to the guy and everything's good to go..... they just need either a birth certificate or a passport .... .... .... ..... What? I have my current drivers license, my social security card, and a piece of mail to prove my address, can't that work? Nope, we need a birth certificate or passport. Well can I just take the test now and come back later with my birth certificate since I drove all this way? Nope, we NEED a birth certificate or passport before you can come in to take the test. :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: WHY THE FUCK DO I NEED ALL THAT SHIT WHEN I ALREADY HAVE A FUCKING CURRENT, VALID, DRIVERS LICENSE. AND WHY THE FUCK COULDN'T THE JACKASS AT THE FIRST LOCATION, OR THE BITCH ON THE PHONE, TELL ME THAT I WOULD NEED TO BRING THAT BEFORE I MADE A SECOND FUCKING USELESS DRIVE OUT FOR FUCKING NOTHING!?!?!?!?! *Note that I didn't actually say any of this to them, i just went back home, dejected.*

Well I don't actually have a passport, and I really don't know where my birth certificate is. I think it may have been accidentally destroyed years ago when I needed it for something, left it folded up in my pants pocket, and it went through the wash. It looks like I can get one at the county courthouse in Town Z, which is 45 minutes away form my home, and a full hour away from the DMV facility in Town Y. But if I hurry, I can drive out there, get a copy of my birth certificate, and drive back out to Town Y before they close for the day. I make sure to call up the courthouse first, so I don't end up making ANOTHER long drive for absolutely nothing. It's a little past noon at this point. So I call them up, and they inform me that I wouldn't be able to come in today, they closed their office at fucking noon and they won't be open again until Monday. WELL GOD FUCKING DAMMIT!

So I guess I'll have to wait until Monday, drive out to Town Z first thing in the morning, and then drive out to a DMV facility somewhere where I can finally take my stupid test. Right? ..... WRONG!!! NOT ONE SINGLE FUCKING FACILITY IN THE WHOLE FUCKING STATE THAT EVEN OFFERS THE STUPID ASS TEST WILL EVEN BE FUCKING OPEN ON MONDAY. FUCK!!!!!!111!!!!1!!!!1!

So now I'll have to wait until Tuesday. The problem is the longer I wait, the more likely it is that they could end up giving the job to someone else, and I could be completely fucked.

So that was my day. I need a drink.

My smart card was blocked this morning. I've been on the phone to helpdesk for almost two and a half hours now.

UPDATE: I have finally officially taken, and passed, all the necessary tests, and have received my permit. I called the new job to let them know, and they actually said they were impressed with how quickly I got it! :eek:

They are going to call me on Monday to let me know the next steps.

Oh yeah, and my last day at my current job is tomorrow. I put in my notice right after I had the interview at the new place.

Life is pretty good at the moment! :cool: :cheers:

Back