Random trivia

Socks
Shoes
Sandals
Stockings
Sneakers (if you're American)
Stirrups (if you're a horserider)
Stomping Boots (if you're a bovver boy)  :p

It isn't really a "food" though.  You wouldn't say that you just ate salt for your dinner!

Not sure about this one, but I seem to recall someone once saying that a Ginger root will last for a very long time (he did quote 10,000 years, but I'll take that with a pinch of salt).

But if it is salt (be it classed as a food or not) when it is added to water, salt will dissolve, does that count as spoilt?

Strawberries reproduce themselves i think... due to runners or something like that.

Since they aren't vegetables, I'll guess runner beans and radishes?

Actually Honey is not the only food, I read somewhere that archaeologists found 2000 (or was it 4000) year old edible olive oil!
As long as it is stored/preserved correctly it can last indefinately!

As for the perrenial vegetables, I have found more than two

Asparagus lasts decades apparently(but takes 3 years to mature properly but after that...)

Welsh Onions self seed in the garden

Rhubarb

Spinach

Sorrel

source  http://www.abc.net.au/gardening/stories/s1089081.htm

P.S I knew rhubarb and spinach where self sufficent before I google varified  ;)

Time to revive the trivia!

What is the most successful professional sports team in history? (in terms of championships won)

Well, both Rangers and Celtic have between them won the Scottish football league so many times. Rangers have won more - so could this be Rangers?

I would be quite surprised if it isn't, as Rangers have won the league 51 times and over a period of 110 years or so, that is almost a championship every other year. And few, if any (aside from the English league), has gone on over a longer period of time. Does any other team have such a dominance?

You'll have to clarify that, Duke.  Do you mean number of championships of any sort, or range of championships?  Celtic or Rangers may have won the Scottish League umpteen number of times, but if Duke is asking for international success...

Good point Silky (Raven[sup]1[/sup]), but if it is a championship over many different leagues/cups or whatever - I still think we may be hard pushed to look outside Rangers. If it is just domestic championships of the top tier of the respective league, then again Rangers will be hard to beat - 51 leagues over 110 years! After all no league (possibly in any sport) has run on longer than the English or Scottish football leagues and 51 in 110 years is total dominance - you would really have to be so much more dominant that it becomes almost a laughing stock that any team could do better in (what must be) a shorter space of time. If it is overall (domestic/international) - not so sure.

Either way, it may need more clarification.

[sup]1[/sup]Give us time to get used to the name Raven. ;)

The New York Yankees? At least they're one of the oldest professional sports teams in the world...

Back