Random trivia

It's not something simple like they are the only club to have one vowel in their name (aside from the City bit).

Well, which other premiership clubs have had ferry lines to the European continent then? Dover city? :)

The only premiership club with an H as first letter?

Forostar said:
Well, which other premiership clubs have had ferry lines to the European continent then? Dover city? :)
Portsmouth?

Forostar said:
The only premiership club with an H as first letter?
Hartlepool. (OK, not Premiership - but neither are Hull)

:D

OK, I'll give the answer.

Hull City is the only club whose name you can write down and not colour in any of the letters (eg filling in O). I admit it's a tricky question unless you've heard it before, but next time it comes up in a pub quiz you'll be laughing. ;)

national acrobat said:
OK, I'll give the answer.

Hull City is the only club whose name you can write down and not colour in any of the letters (eg filling in O). I admit it's a tricky question unless you've heard it before, but next time it comes up in a pub quiz you'll be laughing. ;)

*facepalm*

Ok, if I read the directions correctly, any one can post a new question, so here goes:

Name 5 U.S.A. college/university team names that don't end in 'S'... for instance, the Tennessee Volunteers ends in 's'. 

Notre Dame Fighting Irish comes to mind immediately, but I can't think of any others offhand. Something in the back of my mind is telling me there's a California school that fits the criteria, but I can't remember it.

I only know 2, Notre Dame Fighting Irish and Illinois Fighting Illini...?

LC would rattle them off lickety split!  :P His new nickname should be Mr. Statistic lol

Here's a third one - the Stanford Cardinal.
Yes, it is singular "Cardinal", not plural "Cardinals".

See, I knew there was one in California, it just took me a few minutes to remember it. :bigsmile:

You are correct on that third one!!!  Thats the one that gets most people mixed up, due to the singular form.

So, two to go... if you get tired of waiting, I'll post the answer tomorrow morning (my time).

Back