Random trivia

th_1176350398024.gif

Must confess I really don't know the answer to the question. I think of Cameroon when I think of lions. Perhaps 1 or 2 other countries? I'll go for: 3

Meanwhile, I also ask the next:

What do Bon Jovi, the Rolling Stones and (until recently) Blind Guardian have in common? They probably have more things in common than the thing I ask for, but there's something in particular they these guys have had for quite a while already.

Yes! And d*mn quick.

And what I find interesting is that these are not just several (random) players, they've used 1 guy constantly (so long that I find it a bit odd that they were not welcomed as full members).

The Rolling Stones: Darryll Jones since 1993
Bon Jovi: Hugh McDonald since 1994
Blind Guardian: Oliver Holzwarth from 1997-2011 (With BG I said until recenly because the new guy, Dutchman(!) Barend Courbois played with them since the new album recordings; before that, there wasn't any change in the line-up)

Last edited:
India is the world's second most populous country. The USA is number three. How big is the difference in population between these two countries?

Your answer may, of course, be an approximation.

India is the world's second most populous country. The USA is number three. How big is the difference in population between these two countries?

Your answer may, of course, be an approximation.

About 900 million? (Somewhere between 300M and 400M in the US and between 1,200M and 1,300M in India)?

That guess is good enough for me. The numbers vary, but an estimation I read in one source puts the difference at 975 million. And I'm sure we can find 25 million somewhere to complete the billion. :p

When I first read your question I thought "hmm, aren't there any countries between India and the US?". Then I gave it a thought and realized there aren't really that many countries with much more than 100M people. In fact, there are 12.

Without checking, name the countries placed 4.-12!

Very good try, 8/9 are correct (and the first three are also in correct order). I'll just give you a few minutes to get the 9th right. Hint: You are missing a non-Asian country.

Really? I was dead certain that Vietnam had more than 100 million people.

Back