Random thoughts

I really don't like the differing sizes of the various denominations of the Euro paper money. I understand that it was put in place to aid the visually impaired in knowing what they are pulling out to make monetary transactions but I find it annoying. It really makes a stack of different denominations dishevel easily and it doesn't fit in your wallet very well.

Who uses paper money now-a-days anyway? Are visually impared people hording strip-clubs in such numbers? Even then all you need are 1s and 5s :D

Canadian money has braille on it.  But the different sizes are interesting, I agree, having handled very little Euros in my day.

Canadian money has braille on it.  But the different sizes are interesting, I agree, having handled very little Euros in my day.

Take my word for it, it is annoying. Other members are more acclimated and probably enjoy it but I don't.

Are visually impared people hording strip-clubs in such numbers?

The visually handicapped can still enjoy a lap dance from time to time. I went to a strip club in Phoenix once and wish I had been visually impaired. Hideous!

I don't really mind.  It's sort of doubly satisfying actually to hold those bigger bills, since the size directly correlates with value.  It's a great feeling holding a 200 euro bill, both because it's so valuable and because it's so big.  Though I've only had such a big bill once in my life.  ::)

As for staying awake, my longest time without proper sleep is 37 hours.  During this I had a 1-hour nap and a half-hour nap, both of which were unintentional.  I was awoken from the other nap by my phone ringing, and my brother (who called me) thought I was drunk (at 11 AM!) because my speech was so slurred.  No hallucinations though.

Deano said:
I really don't like the differing sizes of the various denominations of the Euro paper money.
It's the same with Sterling and to be honest, I'm so used to it that it throws me into a complete state of panic when I see two notes the same size but with different values. :huh:

It's time to modernize my bathroom:

th_24626_ipod_122_699lo.jpg

Too much Windows in that for me.
So I'm listening to Moonchild at work, and the EQ has never quite sounded good.  So I open the iTunes EQ and go through the presets.  I find that of them all, Classical sounds the best, easily.  I wonder if that's a coincidence.

I'd really like to take my Dodge Charger back to the past ( I guess I'd have to take a stretch of at least a few miles of paved roads and some gas too ). I want to go see George Washington or Julius Caesar or Napoleon Bonaparte or Cleopatra (any pre-automobile person from history really) and take them for a ride in my car. I'd like to see the look on their face when they first see it and wonder what the hell it is they are looking at and then I want to invite them to jump into the passenger seat.

I'd ease them up to about 60 MPH at first (damn! over half of you speak metric, I guess that's about 110 KPH) with the windows down and see their reaction to how fast and smoothly they are traveling. I'd then like to throw in some Maiden on the CD player, Piece of Mind probably, and watch them wonder how the musical band just got magically transported into the vehicle and wonder where the hell they are hiding. I think GW would like Maiden, JC probably would too. As soon as the music kicks in, I'd just gun it and try to top out around 150 MPH (very fast KPH) and watch my passenger totally freak out and start wondering if they were going to die. I'd have to slow down to do some power breaking and then I guess I'd start doing donuts for a while. Just give them the time of their lives..... and then just disappear and come back here. I think that would be pretty cool.

[thread hijack]

Did you see him taking the driving test in Taxi?  "What.....does.....a.....yellow....light.........mean?"  That was classic!

[/hijack]

Deano said:
I want to go see George Washington or Julius Caesar or Napoleon Bonaparte or Cleopatra (any pre-automobile person from history really) and take them for a ride in my car.

I've always thought it would be interesting to take a person from the past into our present time and show them the fruits of their actions or the modern equivalent of their area of interest.

For example, Beethoven. Transport him into the future from the end of his life - and as long as we're talking about the impossible, stipulate that his deafness be cured. Then play him recordings of his later works like the 9th Symphony - which he never actually heard - and see what he thinks. And then find out how he likes modern forms of music - metal, jazz, pop, all kinds of stuff.

Or take Henry Ford, who knows what old cars are like, and give him a ride in a few modern Fords. What would the inventor of the Model T think of SUVs or Mustangs?

Or Isaac Newton and ? Leibniz (? means I forgot his first name and I'm too lazy to look it up) - the guys who independently created calculus - and show them some modern calculus textbooks. I bet they knew their mathematics could have a wide range of applications, but showing them actual modern usage could be interesting.

Or Malcolm X and Martin Luther King - two icons of African-American civil rights - and let them see a black man with a real chance at the Presidency.

Or - the most fun of all - resurrect Cliff Burton and play him the recent Metallica albums. Then give him a tire iron and Hetfield's address, and watch the fun begin.

I've often wanted to write a story about that. I mean, we love "futuristic" movies and books where we imagine a world of flying cars, cloning and what not. However at the time most of these books were written they usually aimed (even some of the current movies) at the 2000's as a time of incredible technology. However, I don't see any flying cars or teletransportation. BUT, if you take someone from say... 2nd century Rome, somehow have him frozen or go through a rift in time and end up in a 2008 mental ward because people think he is crazy due to dress and 'babbling' unintelligibly. Yet, one of the shrinks recognizes the "babble" as Latin, quite different from the one he took in college, but he can still make it out, he brushes up on it and eventually "takes him in" and not only learns about "real" life in 2nd century roman empire, but shows off the "future" to this peasant....

Back