Rammstein

I saw Till Lindemann at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

You know, I don't want to be insensitive, this is just a rumination written "aloud", but it feels kinda funny when people who listen to bands who pride themselves in making transgressive music/art are shocked when the people in these bands turn out to be pretty transgressive people as well.

Let alone the fact that indeed many famous celebrities became famous long before they should have - that is, before they managed to learn how to deal with fame, adoration, money and so on. Well, sometimes before they even learnt how to be basic human beings.

I am not personally invested in this - I have tried to go back to Rammstein relatively recently and I don't seem to be able to, anymore, it just isn't for me and it hasn't been for more than a decade (too much electronics, not enough guitar riffs for something that tries to be heavy) - but although I'd wait if it really turns out to be true (I don't think rumours are enough to bring someone down and turn him into a pariah), I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.

I thought it was ridiculous and at first wanted to make fun of you via "I've just met Pete Trewavas in a bank and he intentionally tripped my disabled nephew and defecated in a flower pot before running away... he's shaved his head recently, right? Right??"; my comment was regarding the rape accusations.

Guys what I posted before is a reddit copypasta. Thought it's 1) more famous 2) so ridiculous that even unfamiliar people will understand it's BS. Hope nobody's offended.
It's just so off the cuff I thought it could be true. Reminded me of my only encounter with Paul Di'anno, where he threatened to punch a young female fan in the face. Paul waved his fists about and told her to back the fuck off, or else. She just wanted an autograph, he was heading to the dressing room after the gig.

Last edited:
You know, I don't want to be insensitive, this is just a rumination written "aloud", but it feels kinda funny when people who listen to bands who pride themselves in making transgressive music/art are shocked when the people in these bands turn out to be pretty transgressive people as well.

Let alone the fact that indeed many famous celebrities became famous long before they should have - that is, before they managed to learn how to deal with fame, adoration, money and so on. Well, sometimes before they even learnt how to be basic human beings.

I am not personally invested in this - I have tried to go back to Rammstein relatively recently and I don't seem to be able to, anymore, it just isn't for me and it hasn't been for more than a decade (too much electronics, not enough guitar riffs for something that tries to be heavy) - but although I'd wait if it really turns out to be true (I don't think rumours are enough to bring someone down and turn him into a pariah), I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.
Yep. C'mon guys. Read the band's lyrics and read Lindemann (solo band) lyrics. That man is a great singer and frontman but I'm not even one bit surprised he's rapey/weird. I'm actually surprised it took this long for it to be revealed publicly. That being said, I think he's too big to be cancelled.

So by now we have:

- A band who organize pre- and afterparties, with lots of young women in attendance brought there by the 'casting director'. Not exactly very '2023', but not illegal.

- A woman going to the party, on anti-depressants, taking shots of tequila poured by Till after which she loses control and wakes up the next day with bruises.
She goes and gets tested, zero traces of drugs were found. Blames Till of drugging her (without evidence), does not blame him of sexual assault etc.

-Other women, basically accusing Lindemann of wanting sex and being a dick. Not cool, but still not illegal.

And judging by the press and social media, the guy is a drugging rapist and a sex maniac, who hunts for young girls before, during and after shows.

Is he possibly an asshole, who wants to have sex with young women and has acted like a dick towards them? I'm going to go on a limb here and say yes.
Does he write disturbing lyrics? Yes to that one, too.
Does he have a 3 metre-long penis on stage? Yes.
Do any of these have anything to do with what he's being accused of? NO.

Don't we at least need some evidence of something illegal (because as of now there's none), before the world condemns the guy and cancels Rammstein? This has gotten so out of hand.
We do not know the facts, and still he is found guilty of everything and more by the social media and the press.

Of course if he is guilty, then he deserves what's coming to him - but it's scary how fast people's career and reputation can be ruined nowadays, with zero proof apart from rumours/hearsay.

Apparently, yesterday at the first concert in Munich during the intermission the band decided to dance on stage whilst Till sat on stage looking gloom (probably thinking that he has a dicka).

1686335532783.jpeg

but it's scary how fast people's career and reputation can be ruined nowadays, with zero proof apart from rumours/hearsay.

I don't really see this happening right now. So far the only thing that has happened is that a publisher ended their co-operation with him and will no longer publish his creepy poetry volumes. Apart from that, Rammstein are still playing the biggest stadiums in Germany right now, no show has been cancelled, all there is is a public discussion over why this sort of behaviour can happen.

Yep. C'mon guys. Read the band's lyrics and read Lindemann (solo band) lyrics. That man is a great singer and frontman but I'm not even one bit surprised he's rapey/weird. I'm actually surprised it took this long for it to be revealed publicly. That being said, I think he's too big to be cancelled.
I'm not really a big fan of "look at the lyrics, they must be bad guys" line of thinking. That's the same shit Maiden had to deal with in the US in the early 80s.

It's very possible Till is a skeevy dude, I don't know. But I'm not going to judge one way or the other without knowing all the facts, and I don't count song lyrics in that category.

Read the band's lyrics and read Lindemann (solo band) lyrics. That man is a great singer and frontman but I'm not even one bit surprised he's rapey/weird.
I'm not really a big fan of "look at the lyrics, they must be bad guys" line of thinking. That's the same shit Maiden had to deal with in the US in the early 80s.

It's a bit of an odd argument from a metal fan, to say the song lyrics are any indication of someone's character. There's all manner of messed up lyrics in metal songs out there but the vast majority of the people who wrote them are perfectly decent.

Apparently, yesterday at the first concert in Munich during the intermission the band decided to dance on stage whilst Till sat on stage looking gloom (probably thinking that he has a dicka).

View attachment 27573
The band has been doing that each night during the stadium tour that has been going since 2019. The song they dance to is a remix to Deutschland by guitarist Richard Kruspe. He can be seen above the dancers in a white coat.

Normally Lindemann has been backstage during this song, him sitting on stage is new.

I wonder if it's during this song the girls (some of them atleast) have been backstage with him?

Last edited:
The band has been doing that each night during the stadium tour that has been going since 2019. The song they dance to is a remix to Deutschland by guitarist Richard Kruspe. He can be seen above the dancers in a white coat.

Normally Lindemann has been backstage during this song, him sitting on stage is new.

I wonder if it's during this song the girls (some of them atleast) have been backstage with him?

Some of the backstage shenanigans allegedly took place during the intermission.

Back